Thread: Good Old Days

User Info Menu

Default Good Old Days

unnamed (37).jpg

I met this beautiful girl and her equally beautiful sister in 1959, about 3 weeks after my father died. We were close during the '60's and even though there have been separations, she spent 20 years in the service and retired as a Major and her sister became a chiropractor and I did 4 years in the service ('65-'69) and you lose track of people.

I was in college somewhere in the early to mid-'70's and I was in 1 of the halls when someone called me and it was her. The 3 of us were back to being close again until she went into the service and her sister became the chiropractor and we lost track again until 3-4 years ago. She lives close to Redondo Beach in California and her sister lives in Marietta Georgia.

The picture is from a play, Man From La Mancha, that the college did. She played a Moorish dancer. In the play, he puts a gold piece on her forehead and she has to do a dance with it there and when she is done, she has to flip the gold piece and catch it in that totally unnoticeable top (yeah, right) and she never missed. Hard to believe that that picture was taken over 45 years ago.

Back in the day, I would have married both of the sister's, become a polygamist, moved to Utah, and lived my life with a big smile on my face.
    C'est la vie.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Default Re: Good Old Days

A beautiful lady. That's great that you've re-connected. Do you or her ever get to visit?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    A beautiful lady. That's great that you've re-connected. Do you or her ever get to visit?

We have talked about it. She was going to fly in last summer to visit her sister and I was going to drive down to Marietta to see both of them. The pandemic put a stop to that.

She went to Buddy's Club with me (the big club) 1 night. Carmen McRae and Nipsey Russell were on the bill. Nipsey was getting to the end of his act and was talking about girls. As he walked up and down the stage he would look at our table (we were only about 5-6' from the stage) he stopped and asked them to turn the house lights up and looked at her and asked her to stand up. She was like " Rick what do I do" I told her to go ahead and stand up. When she did there were a lot of whistles to be heard and Nipsey said " Ladies and gentlemen, THAT is a pretty girl". After the 1st set ended, he came out and was talking to various people then came to our table and said that he hoped he didn't embarrass her and she said "Just a little", he looked at me and said " You are a lucky man", smiled and walked away.

She has a degree in psychology and did 8-9 years in the Army, switched to the Air Force where she was a Flight Nurse, then back to the Army to finish her 20 and retired as a Major. Wherever she was stationed, I would bet that some of the guys developed mental problems just to see the doctor.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Beautiful woman Rick. Looks like you’ve had some great old days. Thank you for sharing.

User Info Menu

wow didn't know Rick was the ladies man back in the day

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Beautiful woman Rick. Looks like you’ve had some great old days. Thank you for sharing.
    They were good days back in the '60's, but neither her or her sister were ever my GF. DAMN, DAMN, DAMN.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    wow didn't know Rick was the ladies man back in the day

If you read my "Deja Vu" post about 3 1/2 years ago, you would know what my avatar means.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS