Thread: Sabian AAX

User Info Menu

Default Sabian AAX

Got hired to play for a country/southern rock artist. The cymbals I currently own just didn’t sound the way I wanted for this gig, so I got some AAX’s to help handle the job.

14" AAX X-Celerator Hats
    17" AAX X-Plosion Fast Crash
    19" AAX X-Plosion Fast Crash
    18” AAX X-Plosion Ozone
    21" AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride
    10" AAX Air Splash

I used to have a set and let them go when money got tight. I always liked how they sounded so I went out and got me some more.

8CB0914C-9E85-4220-87EA-394B914055B2.jpg
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sabian AAX

The AAX's sound sweet. I would never buy all Sabian though. I like Zildjian too much. Mix and match for me.

User Info Menu

I love all my AAX's ! Nice choice!!

User Info Menu

I gigged with them last night and they were phenomenal!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

I got a pair of 14" AAX Stage Hats when the line first came out around 93. Did the side by side comparison with bunch of different hats. The local music store was doing their version of a NAMM show so they had a lot set up. They sounded the best to me that day.

I think they eventually developed cracks and that's why i moved on.. but to be honest .. Sabian seems prone to cracking from my experience with them.. i use to be all about Sabian but got fed up with it. Haven't owned one in quite some time now.

But your set up looks great.. and sure they sound great too.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Congrats man, Those are very versatile and great sounding cymbals. A little bright at times but for live music they are perfect. I have never had any issues with any Sabians cracking. I have cracked 2 cymbals in my lilfe so far and both were Zildjian K Hybrid crashes. Most likely probably due to my bad technique when I really get into a gig and get a little Moonish if you will : ) Hopefully I have learned from it but I have not gigged in awhile so who knows.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Sabian rocks! I have three AAX crashes, and I really like them. Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman - drummer for Jesus; Mapex MPX snare, Mapex Black Panther Venom snare, Mapex Saturn bass drum and toms / Sabian AAX, SR2/ Evans / LA Backbeat

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

Sample of how they sound live

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    Sample of how they sound live

Nice man, They all sound great. I especially like the ride
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO