Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New arrivals coming this week.

User Info Menu

Default Re: New arrivals coming this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    ...drool...
    Wow, loving the 18” bass drum.
    Those are so much cooler than breakbeats. I think you may like Remo vintage emperors as batters on those.
    New snare 5x14”?
    I'll keep that in mind once I replace those stocks. They sound good enough to me. I opted for the 6.5X14 on the snare.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Thats the one thing I do not have is a matching snare. What size snare did you order? Guy at local music store kind of talked me out of it but I am getting closer to selling my DW 10/6 snare and getting a Matching CM snare while they still have my color available. Although the 3 position butt plate on m y dw is a wonderful design and hard to part with.

The only heads I have not liked on my CM's surprisingly was the ludwig medium silver dots. Every time I play my kit I smile at how good it sounds. I have had a lot of kits as most here know but I wont ever part with these. Congrats bud she is beautiful too.
    Man, that is so good to hear. Now that our first gig is out of the way I should have a little more time to nurture them. What color are your CMs? I'm still gnashing over the green sparkle. I'm not a huge green fan but that shade is killer. I almost grabbed their silver sparkle but the silver sparkle Yammy's got my attention which is ok since I'd been jonesing over that blue CM for weeks. My resistance was futile and here we are.

I had been thinking I might want the 10" mounted but I really like the minimalistic simpleness this 3 pc has. I just know if I grab a 10" MT I'm going to go after a 22" BD. It never ends with me. That's a good thing, right? Right?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    That kit is a beauty, thanks for sharing!
    Love the meinls also. What is the kick mic model ?

User Info Menu

Mine are the white glass glitter. Hard to take a good pic of them but they are gorgeous in person and on stage. Color Does not show up on their website but is still available on the order form till they run out. I was debating between the Blue Sparkle, The white I got and The black galaxy. May end up getting a 2nd luddie at some point. Really leaning towards a custom oak.

BTW I agree with Olimpass, I now have Vintage emp's on mine and they are really nice on this kit.

lud1215-6.jpg
    Ludwig CM.jpg
    Last edited by MDK; 05-09-2021 at 03:09 PM.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    That kit is a beauty, thanks for sharing!
    Love the meinls also. What is the kick mic model ?
    Thank you.

The BD mic is an Audix D6 from a package I purchased last year. D2 for MTs, D4 for FT and D6 for BD. They are affordable and decent and have a nice hard case for transport.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Mine are the white glass glitter. Hard to take a good pic of them but they are gorgeous in person and on stage. Color Does not show up on their website but is still available on the order form till they run out. I was debating between the Blue Sparkle, The white I got and The black galaxy. May end up getting a 2nd luddie at some point. Really leaning towards a custom oak.

BTW I agree with Olimpass, I now have Vintage emp's on mine and they are really nice on this kit.

lud1215-6.jpg
    Ludwig CM.jpg
    I can make out the sparkle just a bit but still the contrast of chrome on white is eye popping enough. I can never get a sparkle or glitter finish to photograph. My broken glass DW looked like smeared cherries in photos.

I'm really digging these CM kits. Heck I guess I like every brand. I'm easy. Yours is just stunning. Great choice.
    Signature here