Thread: Simmons

User Info Menu

Default Simmons

Showed up today....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Default Re: Simmons

There must be a reason for this other than you lost it.

Take 2 shots (of anything) and call me in the morning.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Nice.

User Info Menu

Can't wait for the review!
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There must be a reason for this other than you lost it.

Take 2 shots (of anything) and call me in the morning.
    There in lies the issue. Two shots and a lonely credit card and the next thing you know, the basement is getting filled up again!
    Last edited by Bish; 11-07-2019 at 08:53 AM.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Nice.
    Thanks. It is quite the set up and for out the door for less than 1K after negotiations, this was a good deal. Retails for 1200.00 all day long.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OldeEnglishD View Post
    Can't wait for the review!
    Very soon. Got them set up last night and the initial test is....well it's an electric kit...but the look, ease of transport and overall ability to fully control the volume level will make this a good candidate for my up and coming project. Pretty stoked actually and never thought I'd ever use that word in a sentence. Like totally, dudes.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Here's some prelims of the endeavor just to get it ready to set up....lol

Box still in the back of my SUV and I'm taking stuff out just to get it to the basement about 4 boxes a trip and about 5 trips all told.

Signature here

User Info Menu

A few more....

Pretty nice hex rack. Very similar to Yamaha design....
    Signature here

User Info Menu

And after about 2 hours of unboxing, organizing, trial and error fit, I think I have a playable kit.

Signature here

User Info Menu

A few more...

Signature here

User Info Menu

Up top to the shells...

Signature here

User Info Menu

Just about done lol

Signature here

User Info Menu

So did you pick the shell color out to match your Roc N Soc? Looks like a ton of work getting that set up! Good job Bish.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OldeEnglishD View Post
    So did you pick the shell color out to match your Roc N Soc? Looks like a ton of work getting that set up! Good job Bish.
    Thank you!

No, the kit only came in that color. I lucked out and just happen to have a Blue RnS that matched it. LOL

It was a lot of work to first take an inventory of what I had, then get the rack about where I thought it would work, mount the mounting hardware, put up the play things and make final adjustments. Then add the cables, the brains, the electricity and ear buds.

Simmons even supplied the drum sticks you see. My preferred size and not nylon tipped so they should do less harm to the heads. Perhaps not mark up the black cymbals with white dots, either. Critical thinking and all that. You know.

Lastly, all I had to use was my own bass pedal and throne. Everything else you see was supplied. They did a good job of thinking this through, IMHO.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Another KUDO to Simmons for the wiring harness. A standard 25 pin "parallel" connector at the controller end and each plug end was labeled with its use and color coded. Length of each cable was long enough for any position on the rack. Again, very well thought out.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I spy... old man glasses.

Nice kit Bish! Thanks for the great pics!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I spy... old man glasses.

Nice kit Bish! Thanks for the great pics!
    Hahaha. Yeah, readers.

Thanks. We had our first full rehearsal this weekend and the kit performed perfectly.

I need to dial in the cymbals a bit better in the mix and find a specific sound effect to assign to a rim and I'll be all set.

Going to use them in a new project I'm working on.

We are putting together a ZZTop tribute show and play along with another band that is doing a Pink Floyd tribute so both bands only have to play an hour and a half show to complete a night. I'm new to this type of situation so we'll see how it goes.

I will say, if you haven't seriously listened to any live ZZTop show, you are in for a treat. Frank Beard is way underrated and his material is some well written and tasty stuff to play. Give a serious listen and you'll see what I mean.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Hahaha. Yeah, readers.

Thanks. We had our first full rehearsal this weekend and the kit performed perfectly
    New band? Do tell.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    New band? Do tell.
    Try this...

https://www.drumchat.com/showthread....182#post730182
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Very cool. Looking forward to updates and videos.