Thread: Evolution

User Info Menu

Default Evolution

It's interesting how we evolve over time (at least for me). Historically, when it came to drums, music and bands, I've been a gear hoarder, control freak and perfectionist. Usually had 5-8 kits at one time, rehearsals were at my house, very involved with all aspects of the bands I was in (basically did everything) and if things weren't about perfect.....they weren't ready for a stage show.

Now, not so much. Down to 2 kits (plus a practice eKit), in a really good band where my only responsibility is to show up and hit the drums and I must say........it's thoroughly enjoyable. Don't worry about personnel, booking, promo, song selection, set up/tear down, getting paid, making sure everyone is happy and the list goes on and on.

I just show up to rehearsal prepared with the material I've been given to know, show up to gigs.....set up my stuff.....be the awesome drummer that I am for 3 or 4 sets.......break my stuff down and go home.

Should have done it this way a long time ago now that I look back on it all.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Evolution

But that's part of the journey. That all makes you who you are today and you earned the right to be where you are.

Sort of emphasizes the old adage, "With age comes wisdom."

I'm right there with you except I don't have to haul gear. (That has its ups and downs but mostly ups, yeah, mostly ups.)
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I use to have 1 main kit and practiced for hours and hours...

Now I have LOTS of kits and my only practice is to listen to the song enough times to feel confident and comfortable lol

User Info Menu

Smart people learn and grow. Good for you!