Thread: I am building...

User Info Menu

Default I am building...

Around a XS20 ride now, its a christmas gift, went and checked it out, i settled for something lower price, even my dad trying out though said,

"if money wasnt a object, i wouldnt have a problem with the raw bell ride, i really like the way that sounds, or the A sweet ride"

But oh well, B20 bronze > B8 bronze

And, Ill be able to build better, with higher end cymbals now

I cant wait till tuesday when i can actually use it =)

User Info Menu

Hey, just the fact that your dad wanted to get you a gift at Christmas is what it's all about. It shows love baby!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Hey, slowly but surely man, you'll get your cymbals the way you want them!
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

it better wait for a good cymbal then buy 3 cheep

my point

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Riouel View Post

my point
    True story
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Riouel View Post

my point
    Yup, and i know the XS20 arnt top of the line, but, im not a professional drummer, so i dont NEED professional cymbals, as much as i would like to have some

Their a lot better than the B8's though, their not going to crack as soon, and their in the price range of someone like myself, who dosnt have a job, and dosnt usually have a lot of money

User Info Menu

I love that Sabian Raw Bell Ride, man. I'd easily say it was one of the best rides I've ever heard. I don't know if it was the Raw Bell or the Raw Dry Bell that I heard.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

i'm not saying to not buy b8 but if you could take the money and hold on to look for a good use cymbal

i have made some mistake by buying some cheep cimbal to have more cymbal

and when you want to sale them you got nothing for it

now i take the time to choose what i want the first time maybe i getting old or i am wiser

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

The B8s are bad, but I don't like the ride as much as the other cymbals. That'll probably be the first one I replace, well after adding the 16" and 18" Rocktagons =D. But yeah, I'd prolly get a different ride if I could, depending on what I heard from the other rides.

User Info Menu

Im going with Riouel on this one. I bought a used PDP kit with a Paiste PST3 crash/ride and PST3 hats. I picked up a used Sabian AAX 16" carsh on Craigslist for 50 bucks. Then got a minty AAX 17" crash off ebay for 100. The got another 16" AAX crash off ebay for 50. It had some bad keyholing but a used a dremel tool to round it out and made an adapter for my cymbal stem and it works great. Picked up a minty 22" Zildjian ping ride off Craigslist for 100. So for 300 bucks I have a complete set of cast cymbals. Listen to these guys that speak from experience. I was in your situation as well and Im happy I waited. But like PB said the important thing about the ones your Dad bought are just that. He bought them for you and you cant put a price tag on that.
    Last edited by Dawgkikker; 12-26-2007 at 08:30 PM.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

yeah, all the money you spend upgrading through cheap low end cymbals, to mid range and intermediate, is money that could have gone to high end cymbals in the first place, so save up. its worth it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgkikker View Post
    Im going with Riouel on this one. I bought a used PDP kit with a Paiste PST3 crash/ride and PST3 hats. I picked up a used Sabian AAX 16" carsh on Craigslist for 50 bucks. Then got a minty AAX 17" crash off ebay for 100. The got another 16" AAX crash off ebay for 50. It had some bad keyholing but a used a dremel tool to round it out and made an adapter for my cymbal stem and it works great. Picked up a minty 22" Zildjian ping ride off Craigslist for 100. So for 300 bucks I have a complete set of cast cymbals. Listen to these guys that speak from experience. I was in your situation as well and Im happy I waited. But like PB said the important thing about the ones your Dad bought are just that. He bought them for you and you cant put a price tag on that.
    I dunno if theirs anyway you can trust craigslist, im new too it, but is their a coverage program like their is on ebay?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ch33zz View Post
    I dunno if theirs anyway you can trust craigslist, im new too it, but is their a coverage program like their is on ebay?
    I only buy local on Craigslist. I want to see what Im buying. When I decide to look or buy the item I usually meet the person Im buying from in a public place where there are people around. Just like buying form the classifieds. No way would I ship to or buy from someone out of town. So far so good. I have bought 2 items and sold my truck on there.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

ah, i think ill have to stick to ebay then