Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Love My Sabians!

User Info Menu

Default Re: I Love My Sabians!

This is an update! I took the AA 16" Thin Crash to church because it fits in between the very high pitched AAX 16" Concept Crash and the very low pitched AAX 17" Concept Crash. Also, I no longer own the HHX 20" Evolution Ride. I traded it at the store I bought it from for a new Tama hi-hat stand, and set of acoustic guitar strings, and four pairs of drumsticks. So here is what I will be using.

19" SR2 Heavy (ride)
    18" SR2 Thin
    18" AAX Studio Crash
    17" AAX Studio Crash
    14" Hats (SR2 medium, HHX top / XS20 bottom)

The SR2 18" Thin is much lower pitched than the AAX 18 Studio Crash. These three crashes blend well in every way. Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman - drummer for Jesus; Mapex MPX snare, Mapex Black Panther Venom snare, Mapex Saturn bass drum and toms / Sabian AAX, SR2/ Evans / LA Backbeat

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

Here are pictures of my current setup and likely my final one ever. Peace and goodwill

100_0595[1].jpg

100_0596[1].jpg

100_0597[1].jpg

100_0598[1].jpg

100_0599[1].jpg
    Mark Wellman - drummer for Jesus; Mapex MPX snare, Mapex Black Panther Venom snare, Mapex Saturn bass drum and toms / Sabian AAX, SR2/ Evans / LA Backbeat

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

Here is the SR2 19" Heavy that sounds close to a Bash Ride. Peace and goodwill.

100_0600[1].jpg
    Last edited by Drumolator; 10-31-2022 at 04:48 PM.

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

Nice collection.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Here is the April 2023 UPDATE. Last Monday I went to church to practice, which I have been doing once a week for several months. I took my cymbal bags with me, and I changed almost all of the cymbals on the church drum set.

Here are the cymbals now on the church drum set (all Sabian except where noted).
    19" SR2 Heavy (good ride)
    18" SR2 Thin
    16" AA Thin Crash
    14" XS20 Hats
    18" Zildjian K China

Here is what I now have (allSabian except where noted).
    21" AA Bash Ride
    17" AAX Concept Crash (very low pitched)
    16" AAX Concept Crash (very high pitched)
    13" Paiste Alpha Medium Hats

100_0602.jpg

I also have two more AAX crashes a 17" Studio Crash and an 18" Studio Crash and SR2 14" hats (medium top and heavy bottom). I will use these when I play outside. Peace and goodwill.

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

Here is an update on my Sabians. The 21" Bash Ride and the 18" AAX Studio Crash went to a local church, so I no longer own them.

At Our Church
    20" Pro Medium Ride
    18" SR2 Thin
    16" AA Thin Crash
    15" SR2 Thin
    13" Paiste Alpha Medium Hats

My Cymbals
    19" SR2 Heavy (used as a ride)
    17" AAX Concept Crash (very low pitched)
    16" AAX Concept Crash (very high pitched)
    14" XS20 Hats

I also have a 17" AAX Studio Crash and a Wuhan 16" China. Peace and goodwill.
    Last edited by Drumolator; 01-08-2024 at 04:07 PM.

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

This is my 2024 update. I took all of my cymbals to church and got opinions from listeners about which ones sound best in that room. So here are the cymbals that are at church.

All Sabian (unless noted otherwise)
    19" SR2 Heavy (used as a ride)
    17" AAX Concept Crash
    16" AAX Concept Crash
    16" AA Thin Crash
    14" XS20 Hats
    18" Zildjian K China

Yesterday, we made an almost three hour drive to go to Ray Fransen's Drum Center in Kenner, Louisiana. I traded in one of my Mapex Saturn kits. Ray gave me more for it than I expected, and he also gave me good deals on everything I bought, which follows:

All Sabian
    21" AAX Thin Ride
    16" AAX Thin Crash
    14" AAX Medium Hats

100_0613.jpg

Add those to the 17" AAX Studio Crash I already had, and I have a great set of cymbals. I also bought a Mapex Black Panther Venom snare and a Meinl drum stick bag. Now I am all set. Peace and goodwill.
    Last edited by Drumolator; 02-24-2024 at 03:47 PM.

Church Drummer's Army