Thread: Rocky mountain way ??

User Info Menu

Default Rocky mountain way ??

Anyone have any idea how to count what is happening at about 3:19? I know it is odd time but keeps throwing me for a loop for some reason.

Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Default Re: Rocky mountain way ??

If you are counting this in 6/8.. and his normal snare falls on beat 4. In these two measures he put the snare on beat 5 and then on the next measure beat 2. Timing stays the same.

User Info Menu

Keep in mind, you don't have to play those off beat snare hits to play the song. You can keep it consistent throughout if you want to and it's still OK. They aren't 'signature licks' so to speak. Nobody's going to miss them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    If you are counting this in 6/8.. and his normal snare falls on beat 4. In these two measures he put the snare on beat 5 and then on the next measure beat 2. Timing stays the same.
    Ahhh I am counting it in 4/4 and it started to feel like a 1/4 note triplet but I am having a hard time dialing it in. I will try 6/8 tonight. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Keep in mind, you don't have to play those off beat snare hits to play the song. You can keep it consistent throughout if you want to and it's still OK. They aren't 'signature licks' so to speak. Nobody's going to miss them.
    Yeah and I currently do that but I would like to add a litle flavor to it, ya know just in case another drummer is in the crowd
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Every thread should start with a music vid or a bit of drumming to listen to while you read like this one

User Info Menu

What drummer said.
    Even the original drummer may have had an itchy nose and just did an improv right then and there…lol.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 02-24-2022 at 12:15 AM.

User Info Menu

Joe is keeping straight time on guitar ,but the drummer is just doing some counter point rhythms.
    Not really a time change.
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes