Thread: What steps are you taking?

User Info Menu

Default What steps are you taking?

For those who are playing, regardless if it is local or out on tour, how are you and your band handling everything with Covid?

We are playing a few local shows right now in preparation to hit the road early next month, and this has been a big discussion we are having.

We are all vaccinated. I’m a type one diabetic so I wear a mask, not always, but when I’m in crowds, stores, etc more especially.

One thing we have discussed is limiting contact with fans as much as possible. The guy I play for has won some awards as an independent artist, so some places want him to sign autographs, set up merchandise tables, etc.

While the merchandise table certainly helps bring more money, is that something we want to do right now? That’s the question. At the end of the day it’s about working to make money, but also working to keep ourselves safe.

What steps are you all taking as you go out and play?
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: What steps are you taking?

So sorry DrumWhipper but this is a "Hot Button" topic.

Political, Religious or other "Hot Button" Posts:
    While in the past we have allowed some discussion on these matters, DrumChat.com has decided to ask its members to refrain from posting these hot button issues that can often produce negative sentiment amongst members. So, please do not post anything of a political or religious or otherwise controversial nature in the forum. We appreciate and value everyone's diverse background but wish to help maintain the sense of community that has been built by avoiding these topics. There are other online forums dedicate to these subjects and we encourage you to visit them to discuss those issues. Moderators will close and/or delete any thread or post that they deem violates this rule.