Thread: Count me in (Netflix)

User Info Menu

Default Count me in (Netflix)

I watched this last night on netflix and really enjoyed it. Pretty cool perspective on different drummers takes on why they got into drumming and what it means to them. Reinforced my belief that the drumming community is a really great community hard working, very talented, but very humble people. I would have loved to see some drumming by Copeland, Taylor, Nick Mason etc but man watching Stephen Perkins play along with Keith Moon was very impressive. Going to watch it again.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Default Re: Count me in (Netflix)

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    I watched this last night on netflix and really enjoyed it. Pretty cool perspective on different drummers takes on why they got into drumming and what it means to them. Reinforced my belief that the drumming community is a really great community hard working, very talented, but very humble people. I would have loved to see some drumming by Copeland, Taylor, Nick Mason etc but man watching Stephen Perkins play along with Keith Moon was very impressive. Going to watch it again.
    I don't have Netflix. Was this as one time thing or is it a series?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I don't have Netflix. Was this as one time thing or is it a series?
    1 time documentary, Has alot of famous drummers discussing drums, other drummers, and how they started. Nicko McBrain immitating his father is pretty funny..
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Thanks for the tip!
    I enjoyed that film. Great artists and how they just love what they do.
    I liked hearing Cindy Blackman nailing a Tony Williams style groove and she just took it beyond.

User Info Menu

Thanks......I'll check it out.
    Me and the wife really enjoyed all 6 entries of McCartney 3-2-1.
    A lot of fun to see what pops into his mind the second he is played a Beatles tune from studio tapes.
    The best take away:
    The respect all the band mates had for each other.
    Now realizing what they accomplished, this respect has only grown...…...as it should be.
    Remarkable productivity for a band that was together only 10 years.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

I tried to watch it last night but the wife didn't want to... time for a new wife lol j/k

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I tried to watch it last night but the wife didn't want to... time for a new wife lol j/k
    I thnk you need to look in your drum room again before making that call.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

I thought it was pretty good, but may be a little long-winded. They probably could’ve knocked about 20 minutes off of it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by -bongos- View Post
    I thought it was pretty good, but may be a little long-winded. They probably could’ve knocked about 20 minutes off of it.
    Yeah sadly that seems to be how we view things nowadays.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

I was finally able to watch it last night and loved it. Stewart Copeland was great in it.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Finally watching this. Haven't gotten through the whole thing yet. Just watching it throughout the week. The whole thing is on You Tube now.

User Info Menu

Count me in didn't get a good review here... https://www.talkhouse.com/what-count...y-of-drumming/ ... but I'm just happy that there's another feature that celebrates drumming and the great passion that all of us drummers know and enjoy!