I’ve been playing for around 35 years and have always played Sabian and was kind of ignorant in the fact that I wouldn’t try other brands.

In recent years I’ve tried a couple of smaller brands that have provided some good cymbals, and over the past few months I’ve found myself becoming more and more interested in the Zildjian K Sweet line.

Between seeing a few of my personal favorite drummers using them on tour to seeing a few local friends use them, they just caught my interest.

Friday I finally gave in and slapped my credit card around a bit by purchasing a box set along with an extra K Cluster crash.

I ended up getting the following:

15” hats
17” crash
18” cluster
19” crash
21” ride

Last night I decided to attend a jam at a local music store. I took my kit with me and used the K Sweets. We played everything from blues, country, rock, and a few points in between and I found myself blown away by how good they sound.

Several of the guys were complimenting the sound of them as well, so that stuck out to me also.

I did keep my Sabian AAX’s and am sure I can find places to use them still, but I’m sold on these K Sweets after playing them with a jam band last night.

10EB0DD8-682C-477D-92E2-B022A7A7AC22.jpg