Thread: Always been a Sabian guy

User Info Menu

Default Always been a Sabian guy

I’ve been playing for around 35 years and have always played Sabian and was kind of ignorant in the fact that I wouldn’t try other brands.

In recent years I’ve tried a couple of smaller brands that have provided some good cymbals, and over the past few months I’ve found myself becoming more and more interested in the Zildjian K Sweet line.

Between seeing a few of my personal favorite drummers using them on tour to seeing a few local friends use them, they just caught my interest.

Friday I finally gave in and slapped my credit card around a bit by purchasing a box set along with an extra K Cluster crash.

I ended up getting the following:

15” hats
    17” crash
    18” cluster
    19” crash
    21” ride

Last night I decided to attend a jam at a local music store. I took my kit with me and used the K Sweets. We played everything from blues, country, rock, and a few points in between and I found myself blown away by how good they sound.

Several of the guys were complimenting the sound of them as well, so that stuck out to me also.

I did keep my Sabian AAX’s and am sure I can find places to use them still, but I’m sold on these K Sweets after playing them with a jam band last night.

10EB0DD8-682C-477D-92E2-B022A7A7AC22.jpg
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Always been a Sabian guy

I'll buy your AAX's then you'll know they're in good hands.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I'll buy your AAX's then you'll know they're in good hands.
    They very well could be for sale!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

I tried them but didn't care for them. To each his own I guess. I'm sticking with my Sabians and Zildjian K.