Thread: A helper

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default A helper

Anybody have a helper or hire one to move your stuff to and from the stage? We have something coming up at the end of the month and I can't get the thought of the pita it's going to be moving all this stuff again .. almost not even interested in doing it anymore..

I've thought about putting out a Craigslist ad before but might try a music store first. That's where I found most of my bands before there ever was a Craiglist. Ahh the good ol days.. sure miss them.
    Last edited by slinky; 10-16-2021 at 07:12 AM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Default Re: A helper

I occasionally hire someone if I've got a couple gigs in one day (for example) to lighten the load a little. I probably only do this maybe once every couple of years if that. It's something that's so easy to do but it's not talked about much. You can even go through your friends list to see if someone there wants to help. I usually hit up other drummers.

User Info Menu

Default Re: A helper

I never thought about that until the 1st time I had to move my drums. It then becomes a logistical nightmare and I only had to move them 2 blocks.

Given that, the reasons mount for the playing of the piccolo.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS