Thread: I Got to Play My Drums and Cymbals Last Night!

User Info Menu

Default I Got to Play My Drums and Cymbals Last Night!

Last night our church had our once-a-month evening service, and we had it outside. So I was able to play my drums for the first time in about a year. They are a Mapex Saturn V four-piece kit (12/16/22/ snare) with Sabian cymbals. That was so much fun because the set I play in church is a 90s Pearl Export. My crash cymbals sounded great, an AA 16" Thin Crash, an AAX 17" Studio Crash, and an 18" Studio Crash. All of the drums sounded great too. It was nice to play a superior instrument. Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman - drummer for Jesus; Mapex MPX snare, Mapex Black Panther Venom snare, Mapex Saturn bass drum and toms / Sabian AAX, SR2/ Evans / LA Backbeat

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

Default Re: I Got to Play My Drums and Cymbals Last Night!

Wow, how come you can't play your own drums regularly?

User Info Menu

I do not have room in my house to set up my drums, plus there is the noise issue. I am not in a band except the one at church. That is why I do not get much of a chance to play my drums. Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman - drummer for Jesus; Mapex MPX snare, Mapex Black Panther Venom snare, Mapex Saturn bass drum and toms / Sabian AAX, SR2/ Evans / LA Backbeat

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumolator View Post
    I do not have room in my house to set up my drums, plus there is the noise issue. I am not in a band except the one at church. That is why I do not get much of a chance to play my drums. Peace and goodwill.
    Mark, if you can make room you should try it. I have played my drums in different houses through the years. As long as you're not playing late at night, you should be OK. Hell, there are trucks with loud mufflers, barking dogs, lawn mowers and so on. Set your drums up and just play man!

User Info Menu

man i couldnt go that long without hitting my drums

User Info Menu

I ended up taking them (the Saturn V set) to church to replace the Pearl Export kit. So right now I only own two drums: a 13x6 Mapex MPX birch snare and a 10x8 Mapex Venus tom. I will acquire a new set sometime in the next few months. Peace and goodwill.

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

Here are the drums I took to church. Peace and goodwill.

100_0488.jpg

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

Here are the drums I got to replace them. Peace and goodwill.

100_0576.JPG

Church Drummer's Army