Thread: Accumulated Drums

User Info Menu

Default Accumulated Drums

I’ve accumulated several drum kits and parts of kits stripping them down. This has included kid size kits also. I’ve had luck selling and or giving away the kids kits but no one is wanting to buy the adult sized ones. I know I’ve purchased most of them very cheap but have put the elbow grease in refurbing, replacing missing parts and cleaning them. Maybe I’m asking too much for them but I will not just give them away either. Some I’ve bought only for the snare drum that was included or certain hardware… etc. Some, after cleaning up so nice, now I want to keep them!
    I will be posting pics of some of them throughout this thread. I have about 7 or 8 kits I will not part with. I will not picture those right now. Most may have seen them already.
    Here are some I have accumulated recently.

DBE8E254-39F8-401D-9EFC-BC1E949ACDD0.jpg

FBE54209-3F0B-4272-948D-172A0BD5DE54.jpg

25B75C0C-8CE7-4C57-A1E4-22DF179A99D7.jpg

User Info Menu

Default Re: Accumulated Drums

I don’t know what point I’m trying to get across other than it’s like an addiction/hobby for me but having fun learning about it all in the process too.

1DDFFE96-716D-4A0C-BF34-A2B9A12D223D.jpg

3C34F22D-087A-4FF4-9D36-EC5BC1EA7EC9.jpg

943F9E71-3444-4A3E-BFE7-5A3E85E3BBF5.jpg
    A Kit I stripped the wrap from and thinking of staining a jellybean kit.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 12-06-2021 at 08:04 PM.

User Info Menu

Last edited by Olimpass; 12-06-2021 at 08:05 PM.

User Info Menu

I have 7 kits now (6 acoustic, 1 ekit). And I keep saying that this is it, but I do have a 1976 Ludwig White Cortex rack and floor tom that are just dying to be joined by a matching kick drum to create an 8th one. I think I'd call that one Henry...

Acoustic Kits:
    Ludwig Maple 3ply White Cortex 4 pc
    Rukus Mod Orange Club 4 pc
    DW Design 6 pc
    Tama Silverstar Limited Edition Mirage 5 pc
    Tama Superstar 5 pc
    Tama Rockstar 4 pc
    Gretsch Catalina Ash 4 pc

Slingerland 7 pc

Electronic Kits:
    Yamaha DTX532k
    Roland TD-27, Roland PD-85 (x4), PD-125, KD9, CY-8 (x2) VH-10, Lemon 15 and 18 cymbals
    Roland SPD-SX Sample Pad

Snares:
    Tama SLP Black Brass
    Tama SLP G Maple
    Rukus Santos/Bubinga/Poplar/Wenge
    Rukus Avodire/Maple/Mahogany
    1972 Ludwig Supraphonic

Hardware:
    Tama, DW, Yamaha and Sonor

Cymbals:
    Zildjian A Series, A Custom and K Custom

Microphones:
    Miktek, Audix and Shure

User Info Menu

I own 2 kits. I've never been one to collect for some reason. It just doesn't interest me. I generally only have what I play on a regular basis. Also, if I'm playing consecutive dates or a house gig, I've always got the other kit I can have set up at home to practice on. Now cymbals... I've got a lot more of those. I need to sell some that I haven't used in years and probably never will.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nubdrummer View Post
    I have 7 kits now (6 acoustic, 1 ekit). And I keep saying that this is it, but I do have a 1976 Ludwig White Cortex rack and floor tom that are just dying to be joined by a matching kick drum to create an 8th one. I think I'd call that one Henry...
    All the best finding that too!
    I remember that 20” floor tom cannon you have!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I own 2 kits. I've never been one to collect for some reason. It just doesn't interest me. I generally only have what I play on a regular basis. Also, if I'm playing consecutive dates or a house gig, I've always got the other kit I can have set up at home to practice on. Now cymbals... I've got a lot more of those. I need to sell some that I haven't used in years and probably never will.
    Well, my first kit was a Beverley that I had inherited from an uncle but had to sell to pay for a friends car I crashed.
    I then bought a Pearl Export in ‘81 until a guitarist friend gave me 2 drum sets he found. One in the garbage and the other left in his garage. A 60’s Ludwig downbeat and a 50’s Slingerland. I started searching for vintage hardware to match with it which started this trend.

E9093453-F8BC-4493-AC18-7C4E4DEB6697.jpg
    Beverley kit

6B603EF9-B2FD-4D65-9C9E-55884D97EBE8.jpg
    Pearl Export

51112A89-F7F1-493A-8FD2-6BCB33534743.jpg
    Ludwig downbeat plus a Ludwig Buddy Rich super classic snare and added 16” floor tom.

D649FB83-37B2-4A87-B229-5DB03740F137.jpg
    Slingerland
    Last edited by Olimpass; 12-06-2021 at 08:08 PM.

User Info Menu

don't ask me on my opinion about collecting drum kits and drums... lol i'm an addict

User Info Menu

Who would leave the Ludwig Downbeat and Slingerland sets? Would be fun to know how much they were brand new. Cool pics
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    don't ask me on my opinion about collecting drum kits and drums... lol i'm an addict
    With some amazing drums!

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    Who would leave the Ludwig Downbeat and Slingerland sets? Would be fun to know how much they were brand new. Cool pics
    The Ludwig kit was a former band members who had moved out of state and the Slingerland was in the trash! Original prices are in old catalogs.
    Thanks about the pics.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 12-06-2021 at 08:10 PM.

User Info Menu

Last edited by Olimpass; 12-06-2021 at 08:11 PM.