Thread: Sound of Metal movie

User Info Menu

Default Sound of Metal movie

After months of passing over this movie I finally watched it yesterday. It really isn't that much about music, in the beginning they show him hitting the drums a little bit then the rest is about him dealing with the deafness. I thought it was kind of funny that the drums he was using were 1st generation Tama Swingstars or possibly Imperialstars.

It was pretty good though. I liked the deaf parts of the movie more than the music parts .
    Last edited by slinky; 11-22-2021 at 10:25 AM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sound of Metal movie

This woman lost almost all of her hearing by the time she was 12 and has become 1 of the premier percussionist in the world. I don't know if you know who she is, but if not, listen to this piece.

YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

i miss playing 4 mallet marimba...

User Info Menu

I liked the video.. have always liked the sound of those instruments... calming sounds
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    After months of passing over this movie I finally watched it yesterday. It really isn't that much about music, in the beginning they show him hitting the drums a little bit then the rest is about him dealing with deafness. I thought it was kind of funny that the drums he was using were 1st generation Tama Swingstars or Imperialstars.

It was pretty good though I kind liked the dealing with deafness part of the movie more than the music part.
    Looks pretty good. I watched the trailer just now.

User Info Menu

I watched this last month. Thought it was excellent. This 'could' be my future as I am already 80% deaf & been told by the audiologist that I could go completely deaf within the next 5-10 years
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kevaruka View Post
    I watched this last month. Thought it was excellent. This 'could' be my future as I am already 80% deaf & been told by the audiologist that I could go completely deaf within the next 5-10 years
    Well that's not such great news. You need to take better care of your hearing. I couldn't imagine not being able to hear a sweetly tuned tom resonate forever, the thump of the bass drum or the crack of the snare.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Well that's not such great news. You need to take better care of your hearing. I couldn't imagine not being able to hear a sweetly tuned tom resonate forever, the thump of the bass drum or the crack of the snare.
    We all do

I also have another issue which affected my hearing 12 years ago. Combining that & playing very loud music for 40 years has culminated in my severe hearing loss. I cannot stop what is slowly happening now unfortunately. :(
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kevaruka View Post
    We all do

I also have another issue which affected my hearing 12 years ago. Combining that & playing very loud music for 40 years has culminated in my severe hearing loss. I cannot stop what is slowly happening now unfortunately. :(
    Very sorry. We don't deserve this destiny for a passion.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Very sorry. We don't deserve this destiny for a passion.
    Thanks mate
    The Varukers.