Thread: Drum Throne BC2

User Info Menu

Default Drum Throne BC2

The Porter/Davies BC2 drum throne arrived yesterday and it has to be the best investment in drum hardware I've ever made. After using it for a few hours in the home studio, I can now feel what my right foot is doing without over driving the low end in the IEM.

Decided on the the model with the flight case with the extra wide cushion. Very easy to set up and look forward to tying in the hands and feet as the drumming journey continues.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum Throne BC2

I've heard a lot of drummers talking about it but never tried it myself.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum Throne BC2

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I've heard a lot of drummers talking about it but never tried it myself.
    The change in perception from listening to the bass drum in front of the snare to now having the vibrations in the throne is indescribable. The bass drum sound is now in my head. The BC2 linked my hands and right foot together so its now one cohesive unit. Always felt my right foot was disconnected to what I was playing and pictures from past gigs proved to be the case.

With my ear to the floor, trying to hear a thump. Guitar amps all around the kit and I remember kicking the crap out of the bass drum all night long. This will no longer be the case.