Thread: The Mall Here is Dead!

User Info Menu

Default The Mall Here is Dead!

My wife and I were at the mall Thursday night and it was dead! I was shocked! It's freakin' 2 weeks before Christmas! That place would normally be bustling this time of year. It's a beautiful mall so it's pretty sad. I don't know how they're going to survive if they can't pack the place during the busiest 2 shopping weeks of the year.

User Info Menu

Default Re: The Mall Here is Dead!

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    My wife and I were at the mall Thursday night and it was dead! I was shocked! It's freakin' 2 weeks before Christmas! That place would normally be bustling this time of year. It's a beautiful mall so it's pretty sad. I don't know how they're going to survive if they can't pack the place during the busiest 2 shopping weeks of the year.
    I don't know the situation in your mall but over all product is not available and I believe everyone is on line shopping this year and early, too.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I'm not sure how our mall is even still open......

User Info Menu

It really is sad in a lot of ways. Cost of living is going through the roof. Who's filled up their gas tank lately?.

I went through the airport the other day and I'd say at least 60% of the restaurants were closed. I asked someone about it and he said they've been closed for a long time now, they can't find people to work in them. And probably not enough travelers for it to be worth keeping open.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Amazon has become the "mail order" Walmart. Why get dressed and go out in cold weather when you can sit in your underwear with a cup of coffee (or a glass of your favorite beverage depending on the time of day) and get literally all of your shopping done without ever leaving your home.

In about 20 years it will be like the situation in Alien where it appeared that everybody worked for "the Company". They never fully explained it but the impression given was that this "Company" had control over virtually everything not unlike my ex-wife.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

"Who's filled up their gas tank lately?."

I have to use 93 octane premium which 1 year ago was $3.10 a gallon is now $5.25.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    "Who's filled up their gas tank lately?."

I have to use 93 octane premium which 1 year ago was $3.10 a gallon is now $5.25.
    That's why we can't have nice things anymore.
    Signature here