Default Quiet

Very quiet.

Rick? Got anything?

Spazz?

MDK?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Default Re: Quiet

About 6-7 weeks ago I had surgery on my left knee to remove a piece of metal about the size of a dime that had been in there since 3/9/69. There was a piece of shrapnel that was pulled out of the side of my left knee and somehow a small piece obviously broke off and managed to stay "somewhere" in my knee for over 50+ years. The doctors are still trying to figure out how that could be in a place as small as the knee area and not cause me any problems for so long.

Being as I couldn't walk for 6+ weeks, I wrote a book about my life. When i was finished, it was 645 pages. I obviously had to edit that down. I have it down to being a dissertation on how not to write a book. There was a 30 page chapter on the benefits of TP being over rather than under (with footnotes by Pee Wee Herman) and why we actually do play drums ( It appears that the ability to hit something that can't hit back probably has saved the life of numerous morons that seem to always be on the road when I have somewhere to be).

There is a chapter on how to get out of a marriage without the wife knowing for 6 months to a year. That requires the ability to use stealth on a continuing basis but it doesn't explain the reason 1 says "I Do" and realizes you made a mistake on the honeymoon night.

I have always liked fast cars and and fast women. If I would have changed 1 of them to slow, I would have a lot more money in the bank and wouldn't have had to sleep on my stomach for weeks on end.

So after I figured out that I could edit said book by cutting out 4 out of every 5 pages, I now have it down to being a pamphlet of somewhere around 30 pages which, I'm sure, Tom will edit down to a 2 sentence post.

C'est la vie!!!
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Glad your knee is better and the book sounds great...........an inspired way to pass the time.
    I just got back from a month at the beach and I read 4 books of varying quality......I like biographies:
    The Story of Jethro Tull (good);
    Green Lights (good);
    Jerry Seinfeld (good)
    Texas Flood (fantastic).
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Well speaking of surgeries I just had a hemorrhoidectomy last Friday. If you have never had one I would highly recommend you not do it : ) Just getting by today with just ibuprofen and going to try band practice tonight. Told them it may be a short practice.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

so I got a new computer at work... and for some reason I cannot get drumchat to work on it... I can get to the log in.. and when I log in it won't... so now I'll have to find more time at home to log in lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Glad your knee is better and the book sounds great...........an inspired way to pass the time.
    I just got back from a month at the beach and I read 4 books of varying quality......I like biographies:
    The Story of Jethro Tull (good);
    Green Lights (good);
    Jerry Seinfeld (good)
    Texas Flood (fantastic).
    I have read so many books over the years. From William L Shirer's book "The Nightmare Years" which is about his time in Germany from 1930-1940 covering the rise of Nazi Germany to "The Essence Of Chaos" by Edward Lorenz. My favorite genre is Sci-Fi which allows 1 to escape into (for the most part) nonexistent worlds. Heinlein, Asimov, Blish, Zelazny, Niven and Clarke to name a few of the great Sci-Fi writers. I would love to see Heinlein's book "Glory Road" made into a movie. The downside is that there are only 2 people who could make it and make it right, Spielberg and Cameron, so I don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Well speaking of surgeries I just had a hemorrhoidectomy last Friday. If you have never had one I would highly recommend you not do it : ) Just getting by today with just ibuprofen and going to try band practice tonight. Told them it may be a short practice.
    I shall endeavor to avoid that

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    so I got a new computer at work... and for some reason I cannot get drumchat to work on it... I can get to the log in.. and when I log in it won't... so now I'll have to find more time at home to log in lol
    Zack, that happened to me when I got a new PC. It was fixed with the help on the people at DC.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 12-18-2021 at 10:11 AM.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Practice went well last night, everyone except me is nervous for our NY eve gig and decided to try and practice sunday after xmas for a few hrs. I finally feel much better after surgery last week, I am proud too because they game me 25 opioids and I only ended up taking 4 of them when I was practically in tears. Really loving my new Tama Birch Walnut as well and enjoying the swap back to 2up 1 down so far, wow I cannot wait too gig her after new years.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Yeah... too quiet... I don't like it. I think they'll attack just before dawn.

User Info Menu

I'm lurking
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

Thanks, everyone.

Rick, hope your knee gets better quickly.

MDK, yeah, I'll just let that one stand or sit. Whichever is less painful. Glad you are doing well and staying away from those meds. I don't like meds, either.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I was suffering from severe pains in the temple areas of my head so I had one of those brain scans …
    They didn’t find nothin’
    Last edited by Olimpass; 12-31-2021 at 06:11 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    I was suffering from severe pains in the temple areas of my head so I had one of those brain scans …
    They didn’t find nothin’
    That's two negatives. What did they find?
    Signature here