Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best drum cases?

User Info Menu

Default Best drum cases?

Looking for drum cases for mainly storing an extra kit at home without risking scratches. Are soft cases OK for stacking?

User Info Menu

I personally like SKB cases even though I currently use Protector cases. Using soft cases will be ok if you're stacking your drums. Just make sure you get a snug fit for your drums so they won't slide around and fall. I 'd like to stack my drums in my house also but I have 2 semi wild cats that like to climb them when I do. Blessings........

User Info Menu

If you are looking for hardshells that are serious contact Dan Duggins at Deisel Cases for a quote. Very nice stuff.

dieselcases@gmail.com

User Info Menu

Thanks for the tips!

User Info Menu

If you are just storing a kit look at the Nomad fiber cases. I use these with my Gretsch kit on the road almost every weekend. They won’t protect your kit from hard knocks but for everyday use they work quite well. Musicians Friend sells these in sets at very reasonable prices.
    Now playing Gretsch and Slingerland Drums

User Info Menu

hate to hijack the thread and all but i havent been able to find cases for my kit
    i have a 22 diameter kick (20 inches deep) thats the hard one
    any ideas guys or gals??

User Info Menu

i saw a nice set of road cases at guitar center yesterday for $199. if you are going to move them alot then i would definately get hard cases. mine are mixed. a couple skb, a couple enduro pro, and a djembe hard case that hauls 2 toms. i also have a large rolling flight case i use when i'm just using a 4 pc. it packs everything but the cymbal case and hardware bag.

there are some pretty nice soft cases out there too. but they still make me nervous.

User Info Menu

Cool cases

Hardshell for transport but there are some inexpensive softshell cases if stacking or self moving infrequently....I bought beato cases for my son's PEARL SESSION kit over 10 years ago .... both the cases and drums have held up in GREAT shape....
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

I'm an SKB man myself but soft cases are fine if you won't be transporting the kit much. Just be aware that stacking drums in soft cases can stretch the drum heads so you'll probably need to retune when you are ready to use that extra kit again.
    5 Piece Pearl Reference Kit w/ Noble n Cooley Snare

6 Piece Pearl MMX Master Custom Maple
    Natural Maple Lacquer Finish

Various Zildjian K and A customs
    Paiste Signatures
    Paiste Sound Formula Reflectors

User Info Menu

Its a bit different but im gonna get a flat road case for the TD when i get it for all the pads. One for the brain too.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Humes and Burg (SP) are really good hard shell cases. I most always transport my drums my self so I have soft shell bags by Kases Inc. I am particular not only about my drums but also the interior of my Suburban. So the bags protect my drums as well as the interior of my vehicle by not rubbing on the upolstry and interior hard surfaces.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    i saw a nice set of road cases at guitar center yesterday for $199.
    I bought a set of these Roadrunner cases in the fusion size at Guitar Center. I needed cases, and this was too good a deal to pass up. They are very sturdy, the straps are decent, I'm not sure how well the plastic snaps on the straps will hold up but I think for my use they'll work fine. Only down side of the purchase is the 14" floor tom case seems to be for a "12" X 14" tom and mine is a 14" X 14" in. The drum fits in the case but there isn't much overlap between the lid and case. It will work if I'm careful with it.
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.

User Info Menu

Can't go wrong with SKB I use them and I highly recommend them

User Info Menu

Default Re: Best drum cases?

I'm going to post my problems on someone else's thread now. I have Beato bags and they're falling apart. They'd be great for the once and a while gigger... which I am not. And now that I have a gorgeous TMD snare I will not cart that around in a bag with a zipper that doesn't zip.

What are the pros/cons of SKB, Protector, Diesel, etc?

Be a sales rep. Which should I buy and why?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rritter View Post
    If you are just storing a kit look at the Nomad fiber cases. I use these with my Gretsch kit on the road almost every weekend. They won’t protect your kit from hard knocks but for everyday use they work quite well. Musicians Friend sells these in sets at very reasonable prices.
    +1 for Nomad cases. Great for local travel and storage -- wouldn't put 'em on an airplane though. They also nest together nicely when empty so don't take up too much space.

User Info Menu

They are durable, they will stand up to torrential downpours. They lock together for safer transport. They stack and they pack nicely. They use felt padded interiors. The lids are extra long for weather resistance. They're using thick heavy strapping and heavy plastic quick releases. Rock solid padded handles, too.

I get 30% commssion. Would you like them delivered or were you planning on taking them with you? I'll go check inventory.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

enduro pro
    DW, Zildjian, Vic Firth, Remo
    http://www.reverbnation.com/jonpnorris

User Info Menu

Check with Music Go Round stores.. I have seen lot's of used ones. Very reasonably priced.
    “I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.”

User Info Menu

If you can't afford the SKB, then try the Protector cases. The main difference is they don't have felt interior, and they do not lock when you stack them. I'm very happy with mine. However they make them when you order them. So you tell them the sizes or your can order matched sets. I ordered two full sets.

I get a commission as well , so once you decide let us know ;-)
    Last edited by TxDrummer; 01-08-2011 at 06:15 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TxDrummer View Post
    I get a commission as well , so once you decide let us know ;-)
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I get 30% commission. Would you like them delivered or were you planning on taking them with you? I'll go check inventory.
    I just realized that's a huge commission. Is SKB looking for sales reps? I'm open for employment.

User Info Menu

My Ragone cases have lasted me close to 20 years now. Same with the Zildjian cymbal safe, although I might eventually replace that this year and get a Paiste or similar cymbal safe.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

I use a combination of soft and hard cases to transport or store my kits. The gator bags were $99 for a 5 pc standard rock kit. Although the Gator bags offer a minimal of amount of padding, the long shoulder straps and the price was enough to sway me to buy them. The few Protection Racket cases I own are top notch too but a bit more in price than the Gator bags

User Info Menu

The two top middle ones look like old anvil cases. I have a old 12" anvil case that I need to get rid of.

Larrysperf Guest

Late8 is still trying them all will post at later date