Thread: Latest Snowstorm

User Info Menu

Default Latest Snowstorm

Everybody Okay after the last storm?Not too bad here,only about 7 or 8 inches.
    Rick

Mapex Sabian Ludwig Saluda Assorted Snare Drums

User Info Menu

Default Re: Latest Snowstorm

Good to hear. If 7 inches fell down here people would think it's the end of the world. Poor iguanas down in Florida are all upside down waiting to thaw out
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Weather people are calling for 4"- 6" of snow, with accumulating ice this week. 3" of snow fell last week. I'm over it already.

User Info Menu

We had 1" last week. I remember all too well those Jersey snow storms. When I got out of the service (Nov 17th, 1969) I worked driving an oil truck in Jersey City for 3 years.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

East coast storms are weird because they can pull in a bunch of moisture from the ocean.
    Rick

User Info Menu

Rick, I don't know how old you are but I remember the winter of '71-'72. We had 5 storms in a 2 week period and I was lucky if I did 5-6 stops a day, and that was 12-15 hour days. The snow was piled up everywhere and getting around in a oil truck was all but impossible. I worked 35 straight 10-12-15 hour days and walked into the office, told my boss I was finished for the day and I'm going home for a few days. He said that I couldn't do that, I told him I was going and for him to look at my time slips. 1 week is 168 hours and I had 110 hours in. I stayed home for 4-5 days, didn't answer the phone and then went back to work. He pitched a b**** but paid me for those days I was home. Actually he (and his brother) were the best bosses I ever had. The arthritis I have now probably started standing in the cold, damp, sleet/rain while I was filling a tank.

I miss the Nam more than I miss Jersey!!!!!
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

I was 16 in"72.I remember missing some school for snow.This says a lot about Viet Nam.
    Rick

User Info Menu

After a great gig friday night we got 10" here on sat. but had a really great day with the wife hunkered down and binge watching Yelowstone, painting etc.. and I did not even think about shoveling anything till Sunday.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO