Thread: Would you hire this band?

User Info Menu

Default Would you hire this band?

I am curious and it is hard to get really honest feedback from most people in person or that you know personally so I ask you, If you owned an establishment or ran a park summer concert series, campground, etc, would you hire this band? Please be honest, and let me know any issues you hear and why you would or would not. I have my own opinions but will wait to share them.

Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Default Re: Would you hire this band?

You guys sound good.Good name(cover band).Good stage presence.I am 65 so I'll tell you,your age may be keeping you out of some places.
    Rick

Mapex Sabian Ludwig Saluda Assorted Snare Drums

User Info Menu

Beats a DJ.
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

I think it sounds pretty good. The lead vocals could be stronger but at least he's good with the crowd. I agree with Rick that the age of the band could be keeping you out of certain venues but the only way to fix that is to vary the age of the members.

If I were a club owner, the crowd engagement would be important to me (alcohol sales!)and you guys have that so it's a big feather in your cap! I've worked with dynamite singers who had the vocal expertise and chops but were dead on a log regarding relating to the audience so that's a big plus as far as I'm concerned.

User Info Menu

Thanks guys, we actually just lost our Bass player, he had a heart attack and drove off the road. Pretty horrible, I drove right past the accident about an hour after it happened and saw all the fire trucks and ambulances and thought dang someone hit some black Ice and went off into the trees. He lives arond the corner from me and when I went by his house to get to mine I saw 3 cop cars outside his house and my heart sank. His wife is devastated.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Man I am really sorry to hear this.Sending my sincere condolences.
    Rick

Mapex Sabian Ludwig Saluda Assorted Snare Drums

User Info Menu

Gosh, that's terrible news. So sorry!!

User Info Menu

Good selection of music!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

So sorry to hear the news about your bassist.

Had that happen to a keyboardist I was in a band with years ago.

Dean Jensen. RIP, brother.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Lost my best friend and our bass player in 1991. He took good care of himself with exercise, food, 1-2 beers a week. I, on the other hand, lived on Burger King, pizza, beer and 2 packs of smokes a day and I'm still here.

He was 40. Go freakin' figure.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS