Thread: New kit advice Pdp, tama, Yamaha…

User Info Menu

Default New kit advice Pdp, tama, Yamaha…

Hi all. I am returning to this forum after quite some time. I had a PDP birch 5 piece fusion kit previously. I got away from practicing and then eventually had to sell it for financial reasons. Basically life got in the way.

I am passionate about getting back into playing and I am in the market for a shell pack. Before anyone suggests used, I know great deals can be found but I’m not wanting to lay out cash. I’m gonna go the xx months 0% interest route from either Swee****er or Musician’s Friend.

I am interested in mostly rock and hard rock, but really am just interested in learning the instrument.

I’m currently looking at a handful of kits. Give me some votes or feedback, or any other recommendations. Also some hardware suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

PDP Concept
    Pearl Decade
    Mapex Armory
    Tama Superstar Classic
    Yamaha Stage Custom

User Info Menu

Default Re: New kit advice Pdp, tama, Yamaha…

If your going the interest free route and do not need the hardware included I would highly recommend the Tama B/W Starclassic. I got mine a few months ago and it was one of the last they had in stock and I got 0% interest for 48 months. Man this kit sounds so friggin good and I still have just the stock heads on her. It is now my regular gigging kit.
    Tama11.jpg
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

I really like the Mapex Armory sets. To me they are a great value. Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman - drummer for Jesus; Mapex MPX snare, Mapex Black Panther Venom snare, Mapex Saturn bass drum and toms / Sabian AAX, SR2/ Evans / LA Backbeat

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

You're truly going to get so many mixed answers.... i own 3 PDP kits... i love them for rock. I also have a DDrum Dominion kit I use for live Rock with my band. It's great.

User Info Menu

Welcome back Foo... Kick off your shoes and stay awhile.