Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Time Flies

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Default Time Flies

    Right around this time 8 years ago (June 9th,2014) 2 doctors were ready to close me up when they realized that there were some extra parts laying around. Probably wound up on E-Bay.

    They took my heart out and stopped it then collapsed my lungs. They put it back together with some Craftsman tools, a Sawzall, some Crazy Glue and a roll of Duct Tape.

    Anyway, I'm still here. Now my goal in life is to find ways to annoy the hell out of Tom.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

    YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

    VAE VICTIS

    ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

    I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Time Flies

    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Right around this time 8 years ago (June 9th,2014) 2 doctors were ready to close me up when they realized that there were some extra parts laying around. Probably wound up on E-Bay.

    They took my heart out and stopped it then collapsed my lungs. They put it back together with some Craftsman tools, a Sawzall, some Crazy Glue and a roll of Duct Tape.

    Anyway, I'm still here. Now my goal in life is to find ways to annoy the hell out of Tom.
    Who are you, the low budget version of Steve Austin, the 6 Million Dollar Man?

    Kidding aside, that sounds scary. Glad you made out ok.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CycleDude; 06-09-2022 at 11:33 AM.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

    Drummers can be very tempomental.....

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Time Flies

    I think you"ll achieve your goal.
    Rick


    Mapex Sabian Ludwig Saluda Assorted Snare Drums

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Time Flies

    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Right around this time 8 years ago (June 9th,2014) 2 doctors were ready to close me up when they realized that there were some extra parts laying around. Probably wound up on E-Bay.

    They took my heart out and stopped it then collapsed my lungs. They put it back together with some Craftsman tools, a Sawzall, some Crazy Glue and a roll of Duct Tape.

    Anyway, I'm still here. Now my goal in life is to find ways to annoy the hell out of Tom.
    You're doing a good job.
    Seriously, thanks for making me laugh and I'm glad their shoddy work has kept you around. I don't know what DrumChat would be without you Rick. Appreciate you man!

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Time Flies

    Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    Who are you, the low budget version of Steve Austin, the 6 Million Dollar Man?

    Kidding aside, that sounds scary. Glad you made out ok.
    I'm the $4.98 man, available at K-Mart. Seriously, it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. They sent me home with 90 Oxycodone pills and the container is still in the corner of my counter with 62 pills left in it.

    Quote Originally Posted by slanddad View Post
    I think you"ll achieve your goal.
    Yeah, I think so too!!

    Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    You're doing a good job.
    Seriously, thanks for making me laugh and I'm glad their shoddy work has kept you around. I don't know what DrumChat would be without you Rick. Appreciate you man!
    When I buy the farm, you guys (and ladies) are going to be up Schitz Creek without a paddle, and probably without a boat.

    Come August 1st, I will be living in North Carolina 10 years to the day. I still have a lot of friends in Jersey (and more than a few enemies) who ask me if I miss Jersey to which I reply "@$%%&^&)%^^_)^%&$&^#@^**(%%$#%&(&% are you freakin' nuts".

    I was at a bar on 4th and the Blvd the night Bayway blew and when you looked out the window, it looked like a mushroom cloud and the barmaid was in a panic because she thought we were being attacked by the Russians.

    We were hangin' out when someone said that there was a fire down by the Elco Marina ( famous because JFK's PT 109 was built there) We ran over there and you could see the pieces of the roof of Electro Dynamics flying through the air and set the roofs of a couple of houses on fire on the other side of town.

    Walked across the upper span of the Bayonne Bridge. Why is it that when you look up at something it never looks as high as when you are up there looking down We were famous at the Arcade for about a week.

    I was at Liberty State Park the morning of Sept. 11th, 2001. Couldn't see the 1st plane hit, but saw the 2nd 1 bank and fly right into the South Tower. I used to watch them being built (around '72) never thought I would see them come down.

    Now it's 10 years here. Back then I thought that every summer I would take a ride up there. Haven't been back once.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

    YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

    VAE VICTIS

    ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

    I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Time Flies

    Come back in the winter.I know you miss the snow.
    Rick


    Mapex Sabian Ludwig Saluda Assorted Snare Drums

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Time Flies

    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    I'm the $4.98 man, available at K-Mart. Seriously, it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. They sent me home with 90 Oxycodone pills and the container is still in the corner of my counter with 62 pills left in it.



    Yeah, I think so too!!



    When I buy the farm, you guys (and ladies) are going to be up Schitz Creek without a paddle, and probably without a boat.

    Come August 1st, I will be living in North Carolina 10 years to the day. I still have a lot of friends in Jersey (and more than a few enemies) who ask me if I miss Jersey to which I reply "@$%%&^&)%^^_)^%&$&^#@^**(%%$#%&(&% are you freakin' nuts".

    I was at a bar on 4th and the Blvd the night Bayway blew and when you looked out the window, it looked like a mushroom cloud and the barmaid was in a panic because she thought we were being attacked by the Russians.

    We were hangin' out when someone said that there was a fire down by the Elco Marina ( famous because JFK's PT 109 was built there) We ran over there and you could see the pieces of the roof of Electro Dynamics flying through the air and set the roofs of a couple of houses on fire on the other side of town.

    Walked across the upper span of the Bayonne Bridge. Why is it that when you look up at something it never looks as high as when you are up there looking down We were famous at the Arcade for about a week.

    I was at Liberty State Park the morning of Sept. 11th, 2001. Couldn't see the 1st plane hit, but saw the 2nd 1 bank and fly right into the South Tower. I used to watch them being built (around '72) never thought I would see them come down.

    Now it's 10 years here. Back then I thought that every summer I would take a ride up there. Haven't been back once.
    I didn't know you were a Jersey guy... My mother left NJ just before I got married. (was that a sign?) LOL!
    She's been in Wilmington NC for 23 years and would never come back either. Its too crowded, too expensive, and the winters suck.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

    Drummers can be very tempomental.....

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Time Flies

    Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    I didn't know you were a Jersey guy... My mother left NJ just before I got married. (was that a sign?) LOL!
    She's been in Wilmington NC for 23 years and would never come back either. Its too crowded, too expensive, and the winters suck.


    You should have taken the hint from your mother. I'm from Bayonne. Growing up in the '50's and '60's it was a nice place to live. After being gone for 4 years in the USAF with a side trip to the Army after TET, when I got home it was a totally different place. Now, as far as I am concerned, I'm a resident of North Carolina and Jersey is a place I used to live.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

    YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

    VAE VICTIS

    ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

    I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Time Flies

    Quote Originally Posted by slanddad View Post
    Come back in the winter.I know you miss the snow.
    Snow, Rick, did you say snow????? Surely you jest.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

    YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

    VAE VICTIS

    ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

    I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

  10. #10

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Time Flies

    Well,yeah,kinda.
    Rick


    Mapex Sabian Ludwig Saluda Assorted Snare Drums

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •