Thread: Update to Forum Rules

User Info Menu

Default Update to Forum Rules

6.12.22 announcement RULES UPDATE

Self-Promotion/ Recruitment:
    As always, we have interest in building our own community here at Drum Chat. We appreciate those of you that are building your own online presence outside of this forum but please do not use Drum Chat to recruit members to your community for subscription. If you are interested in advertising on Drum Chat, please contact Drum Bum, Inc. via mail@drumbum.com.
    - Admin

We are proud to present one of the net's largest drum forums. Please click the following link if you need assistance with our Drum Chat forum. | Drum Chat is brought to you by Drum Bum, Inc. featuring Cool Gifts for Drummers & all Musicians & Custom Drumsticks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Update to Forum Rules

no offense but it's how today works..

this is weak sauce that you won't post my video about bass drum beaters because I thanked people for watching my videos and asked them to like and subscribe if they enjoyed it?

If this is seriously the reason you won't post this video you are going to lose the little amount of dedicated people we have left...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    no offense but it's how today works..

this is weak sauce that you won't post my video about bass drum beaters because I thanked people for watching my videos and asked them to like and subscribe if they enjoyed it?

If this is seriously the reason you won't post this video you are going to lose the little amount of dedicated people we have left...
    Zach,
    We haven’t allowed this for a long time now. They already had “recruitment” mentioned under the Spam/Advertisement section so you've been getting special treatment. I haven’t been saying much about your videos for literally years because I liked you and you’ve been here a long time and have given a lot to the group. But really, I think it’s only fair that you now play by the rules like everyone else. You have been very assertive in your promotion and recruitment lately and even have an announcement on your YouTube page, “For Business Inquiries”. Yet you told me in PM that you had no interest to that regard. So, while I’m not here to question your motives, I do ask that you please respect the decision of the owners and abide by it like the other members. If you don’t wish to stay, I respect your decision. There are certainly plenty of forums and Facebook groups to choose from.

User Info Menu

I guess I wasn't too aware of that rule, myself.

Can he still post vids if he knocks off the promoting? I need to find out which drum stick is better and why. Spaz, don't leave us now.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I guess I wasn't too aware of that rule, myself.

Can he still post vids if he knocks off the promoting? I need to find out which drum stick is better and why. Spaz, don't leave us now.
    For a different channel that's not soliciting business proposals, yes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    For a different channel that's not soliciting business proposals, yes.
    I wonder if he understands this or no longer cares?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Drum Chat members,
    We usually don't announce a ban but SpazApproved was a unique and valued member that contributed quite a bit to this forum over the years so I felt I should say something. The administrator and owners of this forum put a few rules in place for us to follow just like any other respected community. Blatant disregard to the rules, especially after repeated warnings, does in fact result in banishment.

What is OK: Posting your non-commercial drum videos
    What is not OK: Posting for recruitment and/or soliciting business inquiries

Thanks for your understanding.

User Info Menu

Your sandbox. Your rules.

IMHO, he wasn't hurting anything. It's not like there are thousands of people beating the gates down to get in here. For those of us that know him, he's not taking anything away from the forum.

Yet now there's one less "Positive Influence" for us to use to entertain ourselves.

I'm sorry you took the approach and actions you did.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Your sandbox. Your rules.

IMHO, he wasn't hurting anything. It's not like there are thousands of people beating the gates down to get in here. For those of us that know him, he's not taking anything away from the forum.

Yet now there's one less "Positive Influence" for us to use to entertain ourselves.

I'm sorry you took the approach and actions you did.
    I understand how you feel. There's much more to this than you know but I made the decision not to post all the details as it just creates more drama. I ask that you please trust the reasons we had to do this. More than anything, I appreciate your diplomacy. Your first comment hits the nail on the head. It is a private company, not Facebook. The experience will not be the same as everywhere else for many reasons.

User Info Menu

Too bad. Hate to see him go.
    Rick

Mapex Sabian Ludwig Saluda Assorted Snare Drums

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slanddad View Post
    Too bad. Hate to see him go.
    Me too.