Thread: Update to Forum Rules

User Info Menu

Default Update to Forum Rules

6.12.22 announcement RULES UPDATE

Self-Promotion/ Recruitment:
    As always, we have interest in building our own community here at Drum Chat. We appreciate those of you that are building your own online presence outside of this forum but please do not use Drum Chat to recruit members to your community for subscription. If you are interested in advertising on Drum Chat, please contact Drum Bum, Inc. via mail@drumbum.com.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Update to Forum Rules

no offense but it's how today works..

this is weak sauce that you won't post my video about bass drum beaters because I thanked people for watching my videos and asked them to like and subscribe if they enjoyed it?

If this is seriously the reason you won't post this video you are going to lose the little amount of dedicated people we have left...
    14pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (24pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 9pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 7pc PDP Classic Concept Maple | 4pc PDP Classic Concept Maple BOP | 5pc Sonor International | 5pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone | 4pc Sonor Martini | 70 Snare drums and growing!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    no offense but it's how today works..

this is weak sauce that you won't post my video about bass drum beaters because I thanked people for watching my videos and asked them to like and subscribe if they enjoyed it?

If this is seriously the reason you won't post this video you are going to lose the little amount of dedicated people we have left...
    Zach,
    We haven’t allowed this for a long time now. They already had “recruitment” mentioned under the Spam/Advertisement section so you've been getting special treatment. I haven’t been saying much about your videos for literally years because I liked you and you’ve been here a long time and have given a lot to the group. But really, I think it’s only fair that you now play by the rules like everyone else. You have been very assertive in your promotion and recruitment lately and even have an announcement on your YouTube page, “For Business Inquiries”. Yet you told me in PM that you had no interest to that regard. So, while I’m not here to question your motives, I do ask that you please respect the decision of the owners and abide by it like the other members. If you don’t wish to stay, I respect your decision. There are certainly plenty of forums and Facebook groups to choose from.

User Info Menu

I guess I wasn't too aware of that rule, myself.

Can he still post vids if he knocks off the promoting? I need to find out which drum stick is better and why. Spaz, don't leave us now.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I guess I wasn't too aware of that rule, myself.

Can he still post vids if he knocks off the promoting? I need to find out which drum stick is better and why. Spaz, don't leave us now.
    For a different channel that's not soliciting business proposals, yes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    For a different channel that's not soliciting business proposals, yes.
    I wonder if he understands this or no longer cares?
    Signature here