For the last week I have been dealing with Shingles. It's caused by a virus that if you had chickenpox as a kid, can sit dormant in your system for decades. In my case it's been 67 years. Once past 50, 1 out of 3 people will get it.

It can get bad to the point that during WWII, William"Bull" Halsey had to be pulled him out of his fleet and put him in the hospital for 3 months.

Mine fortunately isn't quite that bad but it is painful. It's on the right side of my face. I found that out when I got up 1 day and my right eye wouldn't open. I looked like I went 10 rounds with Tyson as my right eye was swollen shut. (That has since been dealt with). Along comes the headaches that lasted for almost 2 days nonstop. Your stomach reminds you not to stray to far from the house and the worst is that you just feel sick all over.

The main reason that I writing this post is to remind people, especially if you are past 50 that there is a vaccine for it which I, in all my brilliance, didn't think of getting even though there was a sign for a couple of shots including shingles that I saw literally every day for months.

I remember about 8 years ago, after my heart surgery, saying that people should get checked even if you feel great like I did and then have a Doctor tell you that in a year and at the outside, 2, I would have had a massive heart attack.

Don't take what I'm saying lightly, believe me, you don't want this s**t. If you had chickenpox that virus is in your system, consider the shot.