Thread: Bought a used drum set. I bet you cant guess the make.

User Info Menu

Default Bought a used drum set. I bet you cant guess the make.

https://www.drumchat.com/attachment....7&d=1662671756

I went to the local music store to buy 2 new heads for my drum set. I was browsing the store, when this drum set was just staring at me. I tried to look away, but what can I say, it was love at first sight. It had scratches, some wear and tear and it’s been around the block a few times. That 20” bass drum, 12”x8” rack Tom and 14”x14” floor Tom wanted to feel alive again. I made a split second decision, to save that little kit, first I had to call the wife to get the green light. It was a go. The tag attached to the kit said “ 3 piece, Mapex M drums , Birch,@ $350. So I said to the salesperson, set them up sam, let’s see what it looks like. The drum badges said,” Mapex Pro M made in Taiwan”. Do you want to know what color the kit is, I would tell you, but I still can’t figure the color out or what year the kit was made. I bought the kit and drove it to its new home. I cleaned and oil that kit. It’s a lot more respectable now, sitting there with some pride, saying, “Play Me”.

https://www.drumchat.com/attachment....8&d=1662671781
    Last edited by Jackie; 09-08-2022 at 09:39 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Bought a used drum set. I bet you cant guess the make.

Looks like a great little kit. Congrats.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Thanks Bish-I wanted a kit with a 20” bass drum. It’s small enough to play small venues and creates a deeper and fuller sound because of the 12”x8” and 14”x14” floor Tom. I have been using a 16” bass drum, 10” rack & 13” floor Tom. The deeper sounding toms & bass drum gives me more playing inspiration and a fuller band sound.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    Thanks Bish-I wanted a kit with a 20” bass drum. It’s small enough to play small venues and creates a deeper and fuller sound because of the 12”x8” and 14”x14” floor Tom. I have been using a 16” bass drum, 10” rack & 13” floor Tom. The deeper sounding toms & bass drum gives me more playing inspiration and a fuller band sound.
    You got that right. The 20" is so flexible IMHO. I've got one coming for my Yammys.
    Signature here