Thread: My new Yamaha AHMs sound sample.

User Info Menu

Default My new Yamaha AHMs sound sample.

Signature here

User Info Menu

Default Re: My new Yamaha AHMs sound sample.

Man, those drums sound PHAT!! Ok, what mics?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Man, those drums sound PHAT!! Ok, what mics?
    Technically. Sennheiser e604 in combo with an EAD10. But they sound like that without micing. It's the drums. They are incredible.

I also listen through Beyerdynamics 770 head phones. Headphones really do dress up the output.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Had to listen just to make sure. I was right, it was drums, just like I suspected.

I wasn't sure what a Yamaha AHM was. For all I knew, it could have been a motorcycle.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

I thought maybe an outboard motor or something.
    Rick

Mapex Sabian Ludwig Saluda Assorted Snare Drums

User Info Menu

Sounds great but man that is alot of cables. Do you gig that set up? I am still on the fence with getting an EAd10
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

For those dying to know...AHM Absolute Hybrid Maple. Yamaha's latest mix of woods in the Maple line. MDK, I don't gig this set up. The drums are all new. Only had them a week. Last gig was a month ago and I took the DW Performers out for the show. They are champs, too, but no like these Yamahas.

Cables....mics for each drum. Overhead mic. Mics for the 4 vocalists in our band. You don't actually see the cable for the EAD10. It's a flat ribbon and two channels from the mic module. From the EAD10 module I run two quarter inch cables to the snake. I also have two quarter inch output cables from the snake to the camera. Then probably you are seeing a few power cables. It's all very basic really.

There are also audio cables from my laptop to the board so we can put to rest any arguments about how the song should go as opposed to how one of us think they learned it. You know, the typical BS all us egotists have. (except us drummers, of course.) We are always right.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Do you use the EAD by itself? Is it enough to gig with?
    Rick

User Info Menu

Sounds great Bish! Congrats again on the shell bank.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slanddad View Post
    Do you use the EAD by itself? Is it enough to gig with?
    I haven't yet. If you have a basic 3 piece, I believe you can use it for gigging. You don't have quite the control you have with individual mics but it would do. Most of the mix would happen at the module so if you have it dialed in, then live performances should be a snap. Any more than 3 piece and you lose the ability to pick up the drums further away so it might not be ideal for larger kits. I probably wouldn't want to rely on the EAD10 to do a good job with a 7 piece set up.

Good question.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OldeEnglishD View Post
    Sounds great Bish! Congrats again on the shell bank.
    Thank you, sir.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Thank you.Let us know if you ever use it for gigging. Again, thanks
    Rick

User Info Menu

That’s a beautiful kit and sounds great. I like yamaha drums. I have 3 yamaha kits, Moto X tour custom all maple, Rock Tour kit (big leaf mahogany), 1998 stage custom (blend of 3 woods). All 3 of these kits naturally sound good, no tweaking necessary.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slanddad View Post
    Thank you.Let us know if you ever use it for gigging. Again, thanks
    I plan to on our Halloween gig. If there aren't too many mistakes in the performance, I'll try to grab some vid and post it up....
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    That’s a beautiful kit and sounds great. I like yamaha drums. I have 3 yamaha kits, Moto X tour custom all maple, Rock Tour kit (big leaf mahogany), 1998 stage custom (blend of 3 woods). All 3 of these kits naturally sound good, no tweaking necessary.
    I agree. Yamaha has my complete respect and attention and now most of my money.

Here's the current setup as of last night.

20221002_095615.jpg

I also changed all heads to Remo Black Pins for batters, Remo black Ambassadors for the resos and black BD heads, too.

20221002_095512.jpg
    Signature here

User Info Menu

wow those sound and look amazing! What a lucky guy!

User Info Menu

Thank you but it wasn't luck....However, timing did play an important factor.
    Signature here