Thread: Ludwig Black Beauty Parts

User Info Menu

Red face Ludwig Black Beauty Parts

Hi All,

It's been literally years since last I posted anything here, and I feel bad that my first 'return' post is to pick peoples' brains. I have a 6.5x14 Ludwig Black Beauty snare drum, which has sat around untouched for some time. Given that I live in Las Vegas, any rubber parts, as you can imagine, dry out. The little "O" rings that seem to be used as a 'pad' for the tension rods have dry rotted, and almost all of them have crumbled into dust, and, in addition, many of the washers that were present and in contact with the "O" rings seem to have gotten lost or misplaced. Is there a Ludwig specific 'maintenance kit' that might have replacement washers and "O" rings for a 10 lug Black Beauty, or are these parts generic and present on most/all drums/snare drums? Is there such a maintenance kit available specific from Ludwig, or from other sources? Thanks for any help...especially since I know I should know the answer to my own question.
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ludwig Black Beauty Parts

Dr*ms on Sale sells Ludwig tension rods with steel and black plastic washer 4 packs. Or just the black plastic washers.
    Last edited by slanddad; 10-20-2022 at 10:06 PM.
    Rick

Mapex Sabian Ludwig Saluda Assorted Snare Drums

User Info Menu

Ahhh, perfect! Just what I was looking for...thank you sir!
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

You are welcome. I like them because they have a lot of OEM parts from different makers. Let us know how it turns out.
    Rick

Mapex Sabian Ludwig Saluda Assorted Snare Drums

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slanddad View Post
    You are welcome. I like them because they have a lot of OEM parts from different makers. Let us know how it turns out.
    Will do!