Thread: G.A.S. New snare. Very excited.

User Info Menu

Default G.A.S. New snare. Very excited.

Now that’s a snare drum!

In the early 2000s, Tama released an ultra high-end series of snare drums called the Tama Warlord Collection. Four 6”x14” uniquely appointed snares made up the series: the Valkyrie in maple, the Masai in African bubinga, the Spartan in stainless steel, and the Praetorian in bell brass. The snares were inspired by and named for “the power, discipline, and élan of one of history’s elite warrior forces,” according to Tama’s 2007 catalog.

Each of the four snares features its own striking shell with Warlord Collection lugs featuring specially cut Swarovski crystals—jet black for the wooden-shelled drums and clear black for the metal-shelled drums. Each of the drums also features a “Hi-Carbon Snappy Snare” that uses strong steel for its coil to provide sharp, sensitive sound.

The Warlord Collection was discontinued after a relatively short run, and the drums are hard to come by on the used market these days making these snares extremely desirable and rare amongst drummers and collectors.

With its 3mm seamless brass shell and die cast hoops this drum is heavy. Quite heavy. And it sounds just amazing. With medium tuning, played light it’s sensitive and responsive and graceful and played hard it slams and cracks! Wow!

The seller was amazing and kept in contact via text the whole time as he was just as eager to make sure it arrived safe.

I’m still shaking a bit and in disbelief this crossed my path and is now in the music room.

I’m certainly going to enjoy this for many years.

Just wow!
    Last edited by drumsetsnide; 11-15-2022 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Added a couple more pictures
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG

User Info Menu

Default Re: G.A.S. New snare. Very excited.

Where have you been??????????????
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Rick!!!! How are you!

Well, almost 10 years ago now I got married gained stepdaughter and also had a daughter. I’ve been working as a vet tech/manager at an animal hospital here. And enjoying weekends at our camp. And playing drums. I don’t play out right now. Haven’t for about a year. I built a nice little home studio and enjoy time in there.
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro

User Info Menu

Welcome back!! ... and that is one awesome snare drum! Wow! is right!

User Info Menu

Really nice drum Congrats.
    Rick

Mapex Sabian Ludwig Saluda Assorted Snare Drums

User Info Menu

Thanks, Tom. It's nice to be back.
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro