Thread: Studying 2-3 Rumba Clave

User Info Menu

Default Studying 2-3 Rumba Clave

Hello everyone, here's a little video while I'm looking for various solutions by alternating the club on 3 limbs (Lh - Rh - Lf)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Studying 2-3 Rumba Clave

I love a good Clave pattern. Nice work

User Info Menu

That sounds great Fabio. Very intricate patterns!

User Info Menu

Thak you Tom !

User Info Menu

Thank you!

User Info Menu

What in a song determines if you use a 2-3 clave or a 3-2 clave ? Anybody have any ideas about that ? I just want to get people thinking.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    What in a song determines if you use a 2-3 clave or a 3-2 clave ? Anybody have any ideas about that ? I just want to get people thinking.
    It depends on the style of the tune. This is a complicated subject and you'll need to study it and listen to a lot of afro-cuban music to start understanding what to play and where.

User Info Menu

The answer to my question of choosing the 2-3 or 3-2 clave is, “ The Melody of the song that you are playing will determine your choice in selecting the appropriate clave pattern. The clave pattern that sounds better with the song is the one you go with. I do not take credit for the above drum wisdom. I played in a Latin band for about a year and had to do a lot of homework learning the different Latin rhythms. You need to be solid and simple when playing your drum kit. The reason being is that their are dances to these various Latin rhythms (actual dance steps to these rhythms). The Cha-Cha-Cha, Tango, Salsa,…etc. It was fun playing and rewarding watching all the people having fun dancing to these rhythms.
    Last edited by Jackie; 04-06-2023 at 09:16 AM.