Thread: LayLa

User Info Menu

Default LayLa

https://youtu.be/dkHJX7T54qc

Simple and laid back drumming. I like the vibe of the song. I observed the whammy bar fall out from the guitar a few times that night when playing.
    Last edited by Jackie; 01-10-2023 at 07:44 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: LayLa

Sounding good Jackie!!!!

1 of my favorite songs from back in the day EXCEPT the ending. If 45's could record longer they would still be playing that ending.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Not knowing how to end a song carried over to the Allman Bros. Band. Did you ever hear them live?
    Rick

Mapex Sabian Ludwig Saluda Assorted Snare Drums

User Info Menu

Thanks Rick

User Info Menu

Rick, I've heard so many of the name acts over a 50+ year period that some were better than what I expected and some were worse live.

I (along with several other guys) got held up for almost 2 weeks in California so we decided to go up to San Francisco and see this singer that was getting a lot of talk. Her name was Janis Joplin. This was '67 and she was still with Big Brother and the Holding Company. Never thought she would be dead in 3 years. On the other hand, I turned down a chance to see Hendrix because he did absolutely nothing for me.

Yes, I saw the Allman Bros. but don't remember where or when.

This is 1 of the great bands that most people never heard of. Saw them when the opened for Jethro Tull sometime in the early '80's.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Thanks Rick for posting that video, that drummer has a heck of a drum setup. I just saw the WHO, a few months ago at Woodstock and the drummer was Ringo Starr’s son. His kit was all electronic. He did a great job playing. About 2 months ago I saw the Steve Miller Band, a band called the Black Keys, and saw Jimmy Vaughan, these are all bands out of Texas, all great musicians. I got tickets to Lenore Skinner, ZZ Top and Uncle Cracker(he played with Kid Rock). I also got tickets to the Moody Blues. This Saturday I’m going to a Neil Young tribute band concert.