Thread: quick question

User Info Menu

Question quick question

Ive seen sets with the floor tom mounted to the ride cymbal and was wondering if anyone could tell me the equipment i need to do that?

User Info Menu

Thumbs up quick question

I don't know if this is what you're describing, but some drum sets are mounted on racks which enable you to put the toms and the cymbals on the same section of the racks...and I believe there are some heavy-duty cymbal stands that can do the same thing.

Might want to check out a few websites...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

thanks bongobro ill check into that also, but to clarify what i mean i have a pic of it and cant find any info on it anywhere

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showit...ent&GroupCode=

User Info Menu

You really just need that mount. I've seen some sets where they took the bass mounted tom, used the mount and put it on there.

Those floor toms are pretty similar to the mounted toms because, well, they're mounted. You might have to do some drilling to put the mount and then just go to a drum store and see if you can get that mount.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's the best I know

User Info Menu

oooooo thanks man i appreciate it
    Eskimos

User Info Menu

Default quick question

Hey, Metal-head...I checked out the Pearl set you posted. Check out
    http://www.pearldrum.com/pearlusa.asp/ and I imagine, as Dat Le suggested, you can order the parts from a dealer that sells Pearl drums. Good luck findin' them, bro'!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Default Re: quick question

Great website. Detailed gallerys, great information, and a rival forum!
    -Grampire
    Teams
    Pearl Pack
    Zildjian League
    Evans Empire
    Quote: Ratamycue- Fart, oh man I said a naughty
    RIP Frank
    Pearl Masterworks

User Info Menu

How do you find these grampire?
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Pearl AX-20 Adapter Clamp (at about 1:20)

Watch this video, he uses a clamp on the tom to attach a cymbal. I just saw this today.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAehhfIo4qo&feature=related"]YouTube - my new cymbal boom arm.( sound precussion)[/ame]

Pearl Session Series 5 pc Drum Set
    Paiste 14" 502 hi hats, 16" 502 crash, 18" 2002 medium crash, 20" 502 ride, 10" PST5 splash, 8" 2002 chime
    LP Cowbell, 6" Toca tambourine

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."

You can't have too many Paiste 2oo2's... that's always been my policy. - Dave Wilson

Back from a Dr. appointment. I'm still kickin' I WIN - Bish

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaamski View Post
    How do you find these grampire?
    O.K. Grampire did it again! And I posted a reply before figuring out that your post above was related to this being an old thread and not about how Grampire finds these links. Time for me to go to bed...
    Last edited by LL70; 02-03-2011 at 10:53 PM.

Pearl Session Series 5 pc Drum Set
    Paiste 14" 502 hi hats, 16" 502 crash, 18" 2002 medium crash, 20" 502 ride, 10" PST5 splash, 8" 2002 chime
    LP Cowbell, 6" Toca tambourine

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."

You can't have too many Paiste 2oo2's... that's always been my policy. - Dave Wilson

Back from a Dr. appointment. I'm still kickin' I WIN - Bish