Thread: ddrum rocks

User Info Menu

Default ddrum rocks

ddrum emailed me and i am going to ship back the defective drum kit they sent me and on top of that they are sending me a free 8x10 tom for all my trouble

User Info Menu

Roachmon, you really need to talk with PDPlayer! This is already sounding familiar.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Yea been down that stupid road, all I am going to say is I surely hope everything works out ok for you, but with my long ordeal with them, it just got worse and worse, they make junk drums, I even owned there top of the line kit.

I am sorry I am negative about this, but dude you should really just get your cash back and buy a real drum set.

User Info Menu

it does sound familiar. ddrum is still pretty new as an accoustic drum company. they are still working out the kinks of quallity control, especially with the dominion line. they will get it right before too long. PDP was pretty terrible about QC untill a couple years ago. it seemed like everyone i talked to that bought PDP had something wrong with thier kits. they seem to have got it under control now and i havnt been hearing near as many horror stories about them lately.

User Info Menu

Well funky i have played them both, and as far as right now, PDP drums dominate over ddrum, in all aspects.

User Info Menu

yes, it appears PDP has got thier stuff together pretty good these days. i was just using them as an example of how a new company usually goes thru these kinds of issues.

User Info Menu

i have despised ddrum for a long time, their sets just make me angry at the look of them and they seem like cheap toys, but thats just my opinion, i will NEVER buy a ddrum kit

User Info Menu

I know funky, I was just trying to say, I bought my fist ddrum kit almost two years ago, and they are still having tons of the same issues today, I just think they are poorly made drums, and I think they should step it up several notches on the QC.

User Info Menu

I do have to say that I bought a ddrum entry level kit when I started, and for Christmas, I took it over to my brother's to jam with him and his sons (it's a five piece, and easier to transport). I set it up, tuned it up, and I have to admit that it was a blast to play. Of course, it is a mass produced Chinese kit with a ddrum logo on it, so I guess ddrum couldn't really mess it up!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pdplayer View Post
    Yea been down that stupid road, all I am going to say is I surely hope everything works out ok for you, but with my long ordeal with them, it just got worse and worse, they make junk drums, I even owned there top of the line kit.

I am sorry I am negative about this, but dude you should really just get your cash back and buy a real drum set.
    in the beggening i was going to just get my money back but they refused and said they were just goinig to give me a new kit and from what ive seen there quality does suck but they do sound beatiful they have some awsome finishes too and im not rejecting pdp believe me i know they make some sick drums my dad owns a set of mx's in the end this will hopefully work out and if it doesnt o well at least i will be able to learn my lesson and know not to buy from ddrum any more

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by roachmon View Post
    in the beggening i was going to just get my money back but they refused and said they were just goinig to give me a new kit and from what ive seen there quality does suck but they do sound beatiful they have some awsome finishes too and im not rejecting pdp believe me i know they make some sick drums my dad owns a set of mx's in the end this will hopefully work out and if it doesnt o well at least i will be able to learn my lesson and know not to buy from ddrum any more
    Yea they wouldn't give my money back either, So I got there dominion kit from them for free, still sucked, so I sold it and bought my PDP's.

I hope it works for you man, I really do. It is sad really cause there finishes are beautiful, and they have strong potential to be great drums, but there quality control is horrible, and if they don't fix things quickly, there going to start getting a very bad rap, I hear about how bad ddrum is all over several forums including there own forum, thats says alot to me, tells me they are not working to hard to make quality drums, cause they are still making junk.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by roachmon View Post
    Roachmon, at least PDPlayer's experience suggests that the reps will work to find you a good kit. They must know their own problem, so stay with it, and hopefully you'll finally get a good one. If not, maybe you will be able to trade up, and then sell it, just like PDPlayer did.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    yes, it appears PDP has got thier stuff together pretty good these days. i was just using them as an example of how a new company usually goes thru these kinds of issues.
    I have barely heard a bad word against mapex and they've only been making drums 15 years now. I'm not sure how long ddrum have been going but from what i remember of PDPlayers (Ddrumbum ) troubles and now this it doesnt seem like Ddrum are getting a good reputation for themselves...

EDIT: I've just realised how ironic this thread is- called ddrum rocks and all anyone can do is talk bad about them :D
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit