Thread: No reso head.

User Info Menu

Default No reso head.

Does anyone on here play there kick with no reso head?

User Info Menu

Default Re: No reso head.

not since my very first drum set. It was a red sparkle set with a brand name Norma on it. My brother's wife at the time gave it to me. The kick I'm using currently is a 90's Yamaha and has the original big port head still on it. 24x18 massive sound

3331.jpg
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

That's a nice looking kit what seies are those ive always admired the 7000 and 9000 series even the Stage customs are nice for the price.

User Info Menu

No, too dead. Most drummers want more resonance than that in their kick drum.

User Info Menu

Yeh thats true im not one of them i love the sound and the attack you get it seems like my pedal controll is much b
    etter with all that air escaping.i still do have an old head cut with only about 1in of batter so I can leave the hoop on and protect the bearing edge also no rattles from the lugs.
    Last edited by Tigers; 02-17-2023 at 12:00 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tigers View Post
    That's a nice looking kit what seies are those ive always admired the 7000 and 9000 series even the Stage customs are nice for the price.
    The bass drum is a 90's Turbo Tour and the toms are Tama Artstar II's also 90's era
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tigers View Post
    Yeh thats true im not one of them i love the sound and the attack you get it seems like my pedal controll is much b
    etter with all that air escaping.i still do have an old head cut with only about 1in of batter so I can leave the hoop on and protect the bearing edge also no rattles from the lugs.

20230220_043430.jpg
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Nice youve got an orphan kit 2 different brands but same color I like that.