Thread: Bass drum pad

User Info Menu

Default Bass drum pad

Need advice please I have a evans kick drum evans beaterpad that's wearing out its very hard to take of can I put a new one on top of the existing one the batter is still in perfect condition will it affect sound.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Bass drum pad

Are you talking about the beater sticker on the head or the pad on the pedal’s beater. Either one you should be able to remove before replacing.
    You may need to lay the bass drum flat or remove the head and spay some wd40 to help loosen glue and get sticker off. Clean well with soapy water before replacing sticker. If it’s the pedals felt beater type pad, you can remove the beater and with a retractable razor or blade, cut off pieces until removed or try wd40 on that also then clean and glue on a new one or just replace the beater itself.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 02-24-2023 at 09:39 PM.

User Info Menu

There's an older thread about it here: https://www.drumchat.com/showthread....replacing-Head

I believe that should help you

User Info Menu

I do not recommend trying Goof off. I think it’s too powerful and may melt or warp the head. Goo gone yes. Goof off, no. I have never tried Goof off though on a head. If you do, let me know how it came out.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 02-24-2023 at 10:21 PM.

User Info Menu

I'm talking about the Emad beater pad on the kick drum how do I get that off and put a new one on.

User Info Menu

If you are talking about a 2 in. sticker, smooth out a new one over it. it will be fine.
    Rick

Mapex Sabian Ludwig Saluda Assorted Snare Drums

User Info Menu

Yes but this one is about 4in x2in would that still be ok