Thread: Paiste 2002

User Info Menu

Default Paiste 2002

I've got my self set of Paiste 2002s 16 17 18 19 20 crashes 14in heavy hats 22 power ride 22 china 8 10 12 splashes how do you keep these gems nice and clean

User Info Menu

Default Re: Paiste 2002

I keep my drums covered when not in use. I also don't touch them with bare fingers when possible and then wipe them down after handling them. I also keep a pair of soft gloves for loading and unloading which also keeps the chrome from getting all fingerprinted up while handling said gear.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Here's what Paiste recommends for cleaning their cymbals:

1.) Begin by removing any loose debris or dust from the cymbal using a soft-bristled brush or a dry, soft cloth.

2.) Moisten a soft cloth with warm water and a mild soap or cymbal cleaner. Avoid using harsh chemicals, abrasive cleaners, or steel wool as they can damage the cymbal's finish.

3.) Gently wipe the cymbal with the damp cloth, making sure to cover the entire surface. Pay extra attention to any areas with built-up dirt or grime.

4.) Rinse the cymbal thoroughly with warm water to remove any remaining soap or cleaner residue.

5.) Dry the cymbal with a clean, dry cloth, making sure to remove any excess moisture.

When needed, you can apply a small amount of cymbal polish to a clean cloth and gently buff the cymbal's surface to restore its shine.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Here's what Paiste recommends for cleaning their cymbals:

1.) Begin by removing any loose debris or dust from the cymbal using a soft-bristled brush or a dry, soft cloth.

2.) Moisten a soft cloth with warm water and a mild soap or cymbal cleaner. Avoid using harsh chemicals, abrasive cleaners, or steel wool as they can damage the cymbal's finish.

3.) Gently wipe the cymbal with the damp cloth, making sure to cover the entire surface. Pay extra attention to any areas with built-up dirt or grime.

4.) Rinse the cymbal thoroughly with warm water to remove any remaining soap or cleaner residue.

5.) Dry the cymbal with a clean, dry cloth, making sure to remove any excess moisture.

When needed, you can apply a small amount of cymbal polish to a clean cloth and gently buff the cymbal's surface to restore its shine.
    :Like:
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Thankyou Tom thats great info.