Thread: The Time Has Come

User Info Menu

Default The Time Has Come

I think I'm finally over all the swapping, buying, selling, investing, losing money, packing, shipping, etc. of drum gear. 20 years of buying new kits, playing them for a while and then turning them for something new. I've bought, sold, refurbished well over 100 full drum kits including hardware and have landed on what works for me.

I've run out of something new that I want.

I'm left with my Yamaha AHM shell bank and almost the same amount of drums with my DW Performance series. To complete that kit, like the Yamaha's, I'd need to add a matching snare and 18" bass drum. No need. lol

Two fully capable kits of handling any size venue. I'm pleased with my Paiste Signature series cymbal collection as well as my Sabian Paragon gigging collection.

Time to sit back and enjoy my toys.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Default Re: The Time Has Come

For a little while.
    Rick

Mapex Sabian Ludwig Saluda Assorted Snare Drums

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I think I'm finally over all the swapping, buying, selling, investing, losing money, packing, shipping, etc. of drum gear. 20 years of buying new kits, playing them for a while and then turning them for something new. I've bought, sold, refurbished well over 100 full drum kits including hardware and have landed on what works for me.

I've run out of something new that I want.

I'm left with my Yamaha AHM shell bank and almost the same amount of drums with my DW Performance series. To complete that kit, like the Yamaha's, I'd need to add a matching snare and 18" bass drum. No need. lol

Two fully capable kits of handling any size venue. I'm pleased with my Paiste Signature series cymbal collection as well as my Sabian Paragon gigging collection.

Time to sit back and enjoy my toys.
    Have you been to therapy? Then, you're not done yet.

User Info Menu

I'm turning my free time that was set aside for begging musicians to be a band to now getting back in to on-line racing using iRacing. I did this 20 years ago with Papyrus until EA Sports hosed the racing community. (another story for another time)

I am having an absolute blast and not peering out the window on rehearsal night wondering if anyone will show.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I think this week also makes my 15th year of being a Drum Chatter with no bans or time outs. lol
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I plan to go to Off-Topic and see if I can post some of my on line racing activities. You won't believe how realistic it looks.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I'd like to see the game. Back in the 90's I got so good at Daytona USA that I could beat the game anytime I wanted. Other people too. I had the shifting down and how to slide through the turns. I know the games are so much more realistic now though.

IMG_3550.jpg
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    I'd like to see the game. Back in the 90's I got so good at Daytona USA that I could beat the game anytime I wanted. Other people too. I had the shifting down and how to slide through the turns. I know the games are so much more realistic now though.

IMG_3550.jpg
    The more the merrier. iRacing . com is the site. I've only been active for 3 weeks and just got accepted into a private league this week. Turns out these guys/gals are real life racers. I'm in big trouble now.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slanddad View Post
    For a little while.
    I was thinking the same thing, haha. GAS always creeps back at some point.
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG

User Info Menu

We'll see. Nothing on the horizon. No band prospects. The drumming days are inactive. Not my choice but I'm accepting.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Ya got some nice tubs there mate way to go

User Info Menu

Here's all I have left after 20 years of buying, refurbing and reselling.

My DW Performance Series. 20" Bass drum not shown.

20220924_133828.jpg

My Yamaha AHM shell bank minus the 16" FT, at the time of the picture.

20220923_222006.jpg

How they are set up today.

20230124_152757.jpg

Might even entertain selling either, if the mood suites me. LOL
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Holy smoke those Yamaha's are sweet love that green sparkle i shaw miss my Sq2s dam it.

User Info Menu

Man....those Performance lugs look so much better than the oversized gaudy shipyard hardware on the Collector's....good choice.
    The green Yammys are pretty too.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tigers View Post
    Holy smoke those Yamaha's are sweet love that green sparkle i shaw miss my Sq2s dam it.
    Thank you, Tigers. They sound just as sweet.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Man....those Performance lugs look so much better than the oversized gaudy shipyard hardware on the Collector's....good choice.
    The green Yammys are pretty too.
    Thanks, Ricardo. I've heard that before about the lugs, too. LOL
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Why are the dw lugs so big on the new series they look awfull i hate dw drums they also sound like shit.

User Info Menu

Why are the dw lugs so big on the new series they look awfull i hate dw drums they also sound like shit.
    Sounds like you are referring to the Collectors series. I had one of them years ago and never liked it either. Big let down. However, for whatever reasons the Performers sound awesome......or they wouldn't be in my basement. lol
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Sounds great bish keep on rocking way to go

User Info Menu

What sizes are ya 3 mounted toms?and what size kicks in depths they look like they would rock the floors off nice kit again.

User Info Menu

What sizes are ya 3 mounted toms?and what size kicks in depths they look like they would rock the floors off nice kit again.
    The mounted toms are 8, 10, 12. Kicks are 18" deep except the 20s are 16 and my 18" yammy is 14 deep.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Thanks man sounds like they would bring the house down nice way to go let's rock 1234