Thread: Paiste PST-7 any insights? Opinions

User Info Menu

Default Paiste PST-7 any insights? Opinions

I have always loved Paiste Cymbals and always regretted selling my 2002's. I bought a set of PST-8's which I thought were top of the line of the budget kits but as it turns out they are completely different to other PST series cymbals in a way I don't like. Be great for rock / hard rock. I play light rock, country etc.

I have read the PST-7's will get you close to a 2002. Only one set available near me which is the "light" set (I am living in remote Thailand)
    Anyone have any first hand knowledge of this cymbal? I am looking for that nice crisp, tight 2002, not too in your face sound Aka Eagles
    The PST-8's were certainly a nice cymbal, not like jam jar lids like some of the other manufacturers budget kits.
    But just a bit too heavy / too much volume and projection for what I am doing

User Info Menu

Default Re: Paiste PST-7 any insights? Opinions

I don't have any first hand experience with PST-7s.

But gut instinct tells me you won't be happy since you have the 2002's in your mind. You wouldn't be the first to repurchase a missed item you once owned. Sometimes it's not about the budget but getting the quality sound you deserve.

I blew the bank on a set of Paiste Signature Cymbals at almost double what I was spending. But after a few days of the pleasure of listening to those cymbals, the price didn't matter. I had a sound I could enjoy not just endure.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Yes if you have the 2002s in mind get them the are much better than the PST 7s is like comparing chalk and cheese.

User Info Menu

Dehhhhhhhhh may be 2002ssssss shake the world man they make you shiver with joy if ian Paice uses them there the bomb
    Last edited by Tigers; 03-20-2023 at 06:52 AM.