Thread: My World is Complete

User Info Menu

Default My World is Complete

After 46 years of being the biggest TOTO fan I finally got to see them last night at our local arena. Packed house full to the brim all the way up to the nose bleed section. I was 2 sections from the front on the right side and 9 rows up from the floor seats. I cried like a baby for the first four songs. I couldn't believe I was actually there.

I was so stunned and blown away I couldn't even take out my phone for a picture or video capture.

They played first for an hour and then Journey played for like 2 hours afterwards.

Both were outstanding but TOTO just plays the music. Journey did lots of solos and hi-lites of all the members which was cool but it was more like a jam session than a performance. Both different, both equally good but TOTO was it for me. I'd seen Journey before and new it would be a lot of Neal Schon solos.....Nuff said. lol
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Default Re: My World is Complete

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    After 46 years of being the biggest TOTO fan I finally got to see them last night at our local arena. Packed house full to the brim all the way up to the nose bleed section. I was 2 sections from the front on the right side and 9 rows up from the floor seats. I cried like a baby for the first four songs. I couldn't believe I was actually there.

I was so stunned and blown away I couldn't even take out my phone for a picture or video capture.

They played first for an hour and then Journey played for like 2 hours afterwards.

Both were outstanding but TOTO just plays the music. Journey did lots of solos and hi-lites of all the members which was cool but it was more like a jam session than a performance. Both different, both equally good but TOTO was it for me. I'd seen Journey before and new it would be a lot of Neal Schon solos.....Nuff said. lol
    That's awesome! Several people I know went see TOTO and a couple said something similar about just being present and taking in every moment and not taking pictures or posting anything until the next day.
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG

User Info Menu

Didn't get to go when they came through here but saw some video. Tight! I've always loved Toto!

User Info Menu

I saw them a little over a year ago. First concert after Covid shut everything down. Great show. Is Robert Searight still drumming?
    Rick

Mapex Sabian Ludwig Saluda Assorted Snare Drums

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slanddad View Post
    I saw them a little over a year ago. First concert after Covid shut everything down. Great show. Is Robert Searight still drumming?
    "Sput" Nailed it, just like I taught him. uh huh
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    "Sput" Nailed it, just like I taught him. uh huh