Thread: 22x18 kick drum

User Info Menu

Default 22x18 kick drum

Whats going on with the hate for 22x18 bassdrums why all the hate they are the bomb of kick drums please explain whyway to go.lets rock.

User Info Menu

Default Re: 22x18 kick drum

I think most folks prefer a less deep 22. Mine are both 17 and 18 but I prefer a 16" depth. My Yamaha Live Customs had a 14" depth X 22" diameter and it was awesome.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

That's a pity I would prefere 18 or 17.5 they have more oomph and much more attack and punch 16 and 14 to me a kids bass drums no oomph at all. they also move to easy away from you there not stable its like you need to put weights in front of them nothing against drummers that use them everyone to there own.
    Last edited by Tigers; 03-31-2023 at 03:28 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tigers View Post
    That's a pity I would prefere 18 or 17.5 they have more oomph and much more attack and punch 16 and 14 to me a kids bass drums no oomph at all. they also move to easy away from you there not stable its like you need to put weights in front of them nothing against drummers that use them everyone to there own.
    Untrue. Your opinions have no basis of fact. Maybe you should venture out into other brands and other kits and you'll see.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Thanks for ya reply bish that was my 2 cents way to go man let's rock 1234

User Info Menu

That's a pity I would prefer 18 or 17.5 they have more oomph and much more attack and punch 16 and 14 to me a kids bass drums no oomph at all
    There are so many factors that affect drum sounds that it just depends. I've heard smaller bass drums really boom and larger ones dead. So much of it is the tuning, muffling, mic'ing, etc. So many variables.

they also move to easy away from you there not stable its like you need to put weights in front of them nothing against drummers that use them everyone to there own.
    If you have carpet down and your bass drum spurs sharp, they shouldn't move.

User Info Menu

Yes I understand that to me i prefere a deeper bass drum I could always take some off if I need to but I can't put it back on if ya know what I mean.