Thread: “If the drummer doesn’t swing – let him serve French fries in McDonald’s"

User Info Menu

Default “If the drummer doesn’t swing – let him serve French fries in McDonald’s"

I thought this was a cool quote by Lee Sklar in a recent Bass Player magazine interview.

https://www.guitarworld.com/features...klar-pet-hates

“If the drummer doesn’t swing – let him serve French fries in McDonald’s." - Lee Sklar

Hey, the man's a rock icon and has played with some of the strongest groove drummers in the industry. Who can blame him for having a low tolerance for mediocre drummers that don't have a strong pocket?

User Info Menu

Default Re: “If the drummer doesn’t swing – let him serve French fries in McDonald’s"

I've seen a few that might qualify.
    But even those French fries have a standard to keep.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Default Re: “If the drummer doesn’t swing – let him serve French fries in McDonald’s"

Make sure you get a bacon double cheeseburger with those fries. Then you'd have to add a large choco-milk shake to top it off. Now we're jamming.

I have no idea what I am talking about.

I'll just quietly let myself out.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Make sure you get a bacon double cheeseburger with those fries. Then you'd have to add a large choco-milk shake to top it off. Now we're jamming.

I have no idea what I am talking about.

I'll just quietly let myself out.
    Don't go. I was just getting hungry!

User Info Menu

I really liked what he said in the following paragraph about leading. Something that I have been encountering but haven't fully addressed yet.

“I know how to accompany, and how to listen to a person breathe to hear where the downbeat is – to never try to lead them. I’m really comfortable on that seat.”
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN