Thread: Master A**

User Info Menu

Default Master A**

At the beginning I spent too much time talking (writing) about 3 other drummers "Master Class".

Skip to about 7 minutes and avoid that and at the end saying that we were going to watch the Dallas Cheerleaders.

It is more interesting than I thought it would be.

The drumming isn't as good as I would have wanted but better that what I expected.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Default Re: Master A**

Hello Rick, first of all I would like to say that I think you can do a master class. Your definitely have the drumming skills and experience that can help younger drummers and some old farts like me to become better drummers. You mention some of the older drummer’s that had an influence on music and drumming, what some of the younger drummers don’t realize, these drummers were giants to the field of drumming. These drummers were the influence of the great rock drummers like John Bingham, Ginger Baker, Keith Moon, Ringo Starr, Charlie Watts…..I can go on and on. People could argue , who was The best drummer of all time and that would be a subjective choice, people like the way how certain drummers sound in the music they play. The above drummers and many more great drummers set a high bar standard of playing. Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa, Chic Webb…….the list keeps going on Max Roach, Tony Williams, Art Blakey, Elvin Jones, Shelly Manne, Clyde Stubblefield……. These drummers and others drummers I didn’t mention, but should have are the giants of influence on future great drummers. Special mention, who I believe had it all was , Chic Webb. Young drummers need to study the Great Players. This is how you end up developing your own drum voice. I just thought I would throw in my own two cents worth.

User Info Menu

Master ass, lol

You still got it Rick. Great facility around the kit. What are you now, 59?

User Info Menu

nn
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS