Thread: Remember

User Info Menu

Default Remember

Remember what tomorrow means. It's my 53rd Memorial Day and as each 1 passes it brings out more emotion than the last 1.

Come September 1st, I will have been home for 54 years (actually I was on the plane but GOING HOME) after 2 years and to see my daughter for the 1st time as she was born Oct. 13th, 1967 just about a month and a 1/2 after I shipped out.

So if you are at a party tomorrow take a moment and raise a beer to all the boys that are forever young.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Default Re: Remember

God bless those who died in active service for our country.

User Info Menu

Everyday Olimpass, everyday.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Everyone our age knew someone or had a relative who gave all for their country. God bless 'em.
    Rick

Mapex Sabian Ludwig Saluda Assorted Snare Drums

User Info Menu

How true.
    Rick.....thanks for posting.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

I honor every American that sacrificed to serve our country. Cheers to you Rick and all that are forever young!

User Info Menu

Thanks Tom, the thought is deeply appreciated.

The years go by so fast. I remember August 15th 1965. It was just about 3 months before I went in to the service and we were having dinner. My stepfather said to my mother that the war was over 20 years on that date. I sat there thinking " Wow, 20 years was so long ago". For me it's coming up on 54 years and those years went by so damn fast. Getting old sucks and remembering things that you wish you could forget but never do, that sucks more.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Thanks Tom, the thought is deeply appreciated.

The years go by so fast. I remember August 15th 1965. It was just about 3 months before I went in to the service and we were having dinner. My stepfather said to my mother that the war was over 20 years on that date. I sat there thinking " Wow, 20 years was so long ago". For me it's coming up on 54 years and those years went by so damn fast. Getting old sucks and remembering things that you wish you could forget but never do, that sucks more.
    And we only know it because we have survived all the chaos and nonsense so far. Not to mention health issues that pop up. Why, just the other day... Shoot, I forgot what I was going to say.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

" Shoot, I forgot what I was going to say".

Hey Bish, welcome to my world. My GF is amazed that I can remember what she wore on that 1st (blind) date, how she sat in my car, the look on her (beautiful) face, and the fact that I thought I was never going to see her again. She has said that all those years ago (April '66) she could see that look on my face. At the same time, if she asked me what I had for breakfast this morning, I would have to think about it.

Hell of a world we live in!!!!!

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS