Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think of this drumkit?

User Info Menu

Default What do you guys think of this drumkit?

i found this for sale on musicians friend. do you think its a good kit?

lifes too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

User Info Menu

Pulse kits are generic chineese made beginner kits. Id steer clear of them.

Here are two kits for the same price that would be MUCH better value for money.

User Info Menu

thanx for the tip. believe me if i could come up with another 200 dollars i would deffinetly get a really good quality kit
    lifes too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

User Info Menu

It would WELL worth the wait!
    But if you ABSOLUTLY cant get another 200 dollars heres a slightly cheaper alternative.
    But i would really recomend waiting and getting a the Sonor or better still, the TAMA.

User Info Menu

dude wait,the pulse dosent even incluce cymbals or hardware,so you'd have to spend more ontop to actually be able to play the kit.Work so extra hours,wash some cars,do whatever to get the money.Because when that tama arrives in the post,its a sweet feeling

Fox
    Kit: Mapex QR: 12x9 and 13x10 rack toms,16x16 floor tom,22x16 bass and 14x5.5 snare.

Cymbals:paiste 101 14" hats,16" crash and 20" ride.Paiste 2002 18" medium crash

DW7000 double pedal

Favourite drummer: Chris Adler http://youtube.com/watch?v=hHl4I5E78Wg

Favourite band: Lamb of God

Favourite song: Now youve got something to die for- Lamb of god.

User Info Menu

almost any set for me right now would be great after waiting 3 years

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerbox55 View Post
    almost any set for me right now would be great after waiting 3 years
    Yeah, sucks not to have a kit doesn't it? I've been there

User Info Menu

i no ive been drumming for 5 years but ive never had a kit and ive been begging my dad for one for three of them

User Info Menu

Just like Vinnysimo, I suggest u to buy TAMA Imperialstar.

But Sonor wihich he mentioned above is worthed too....

*But that Pulse product got some nice review from people who own it....
    But with that range of price, I still doubt about it....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Dude, look on Craigslist. You will find deals galore and you can haggle.

Rule one, don't EVER buy anything new from MusiciansFriend.com, especially if you're looking to buy your first drum set. You will be surprised how far your $200 can go when it comes to finding someone who desperately wants to get rid of a drum kit on Craigslist.

You can find a better kit, used for the price of what they want new for that Pulse, guaranteed.

User Info Menu

Rule one, don't EVER buy anything new from MusiciansFriend.com
    They come with no guaranteed ??
    I just know it...
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

I say check the used market for your first kit. You never know wht you can come up with for 300 bucks. maybe something a little beat up but a name brand that is tune-able and gives a satisfying tone.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Yep check Craigslist. I got a lot of my stuff off there. But only buy local.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by totti View Post
    They come with no guaranteed ??
    I just know it...
    Let me re-phrase that. Don't buy any 'starter' kit new. You can find a used intermediate kit for roughly the same amount. You get the drift.

User Info Menu

To answer your question, Pulse isn't really a bad kit. The hardware that they come with is usually just as sturdy as an entry level Tama, Pearl, or Ludwig, the shells aren't half bad, and assuming you replace the heads, they don't sound bad. The kit in my church is a pulse, and it's been going strong for more than ten years. You will have to replace the cymbals that come with the kit, but honestly you won't find a better new kit for that price. You may want to check out Sam Ash also though, their groove percussion kits are the same thing as pulse, they're just stamped with a different name. Your best bet is going to be a used kit, but if it's not an option, I'd go with the pulse. It'll last until you can upgrade. The luddy that was mentioned on here for like 300 or 400... I don't think it's any better than the pulse.
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

I wouldnt, thats a blemished kit, and i mean, if it was new, possibly as a first kit, but its blemished, blemished can mean anything from almost brand new, to a giant scratch missing from the side

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ch33zz View Post
    I wouldnt, thats a blemished kit, and i mean, if it was new, possibly as a first kit, but its blemished, blemished can mean anything from almost brand new, to a giant scratch missing from the side

Ah... I didn't see that it was blemished... not worth the discount man, go used!
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

i think you should whatch a used one instead of buying a cheep one new

my point

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

thanx guys i think ill probably go used cuz thats wat all of you are sayin

User Info Menu

If that is all that you can buy right now then perchase it and don't look back. buy what you can afford and upgrade. It is about playing and learning to play drums not what kit you have really. That kit will serve you well and you can progress allot on a kit like that. If it comes down to not having a kit at all and not drumming and playing on that kit by all means purchase it and play on!

User Info Menu

Hm its all double braced but still looks flimsy. Even with good skins *as i have learnt* you still wont get a very nice sound you will fall in love with :(
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

i think you better find a used kit, but this one looks good for the money
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

ya i think used is the way 2 go. my drum teacher has given me good ideas too

User Info Menu

DB, I do have to say that I started with a ddrum D2 starter kit, and then moved up to the Gretsch Catalina Maple. I think the maple kit is absolutely awesome, and I love playing it, but for Christmas, I took the D2 kit over to my brother's and after tuning it up (even with the original heads - I've gotten much better at tuning), I had an absolute blast on that kit!

At some level, it's really about the joy of playing rhythms on a kit, so do what you gotta do, and can afford to do!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Yeah PB, you hit it. The love of the art has to exceed the love of the gear.

all the best...