Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: How many hand drums do you own?

User Info Menu

Default Re: How many hand drums do you own?

i have around 23, 1 timbales, 15 stick drums, 1 flip flop drum, phots are attached and follow post
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

my drum phots continued

User Info Menu

more drums continued, all the drums are used year round for festivals and parties, interactive drumming

User Info Menu

I don't own any hand drums.

Oh wait, does furniture count? I've got plenty :D

User Info Menu

Very Nice Collection willie55, How do you like your Timbas? I checked them out and played them at the store and thought they where fantastic!
    L4C

User Info Menu

the timbas are fantastic, easy on the hands and the non ringing sound that i like, i just got the galaxies, and i think i will sell them to find 70's fiberglass lps, i also have two big containers with small percussion in them for the kids to play

User Info Menu

Very nice collection man, I love the timbas, and that shekere is great! Please explain that flip flop drum if you don't mind, I'm pretty sure I have a good idea of how its played and what it sounds like, but it looks homemade and something I want to make!

User Info Menu

the flip flop drum is made with 2inch pvc pipe, a 13inch tom shell and plywood head, and 4 28inch legs, you use the flip flops as drum sticks to hit the top of the pvc pipes, i use the boom wackers as a model for the length size. go to boomwacker site to find length or search internet.

the BongoWillie xylaphone is 5 feet 8 inchs foot long plywood box tapered 24inch wide to 12inch wide. no bottom or top just braces. pipe insulation on top. 2x4s are cut starting at 40 inchs then 2 inch intervals (40-38-36-34-etc) to where your box will end, this one goes to 16 inches for the shortest. cymbal is sitting on plywood top. made from reycylced wood that i had. this size will fit in a 6foot chevy s10 bed.
    i also made drum buckets which is get 5 gallon drums and screwing them together to make a drum kit.
    Kids and Adults love playing on these home made drums.