Thread: Zildjian Z series.. ?

User Info Menu

Default Zildjian Z series.. ?

Any good?? I went to the music shop where i got my drums and they had this cymbal deal... hi hats, crash & ride for $260 are they good???
    BIANCA!!
    -----------
    My kit
    ------------

Set up like Ringo Starr's kit...
    22" bass drum
    Brand: DXP
    Cymbals: Zildjian ZBT Ride, DXP hi-hats and Crash.
    Snare: 14 x 6
    Tom Tom: 12 x 11
    Floor Tom: 16 x 16
    Hi-hats: 14" , Crash: 16", Ride: 18"

"Life Is What Happens When You're Busy Making Other Plans" - John lennon

User Info Menu

Planet Z? Custom Z? For $260 I'm guessing the Planet Z's. Even though I owned them for a while because money was tight for me for a while a few years ago I wouldn't suggest buying them if you can upgrade to something better like ZXT or ZHT. Planet Z's crack and will bend a lot more easily than the ZHT's which I owned and am currently working my way into top line cymbals.

User Info Menu

i just did the search and it is Plannet Z... Money is a bit tight at the moment.. so i might get them....

this is the deal...
    https://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/sh...n=view&id=1227
    BIANCA!!
    -----------
    My kit
    ------------

22" bass drum

User Info Menu

how easily do they bend and crack?? i don't really hit them that hard.... will it still do that?
    BIANCA!!
    -----------
    My kit
    ------------

22" bass drum

User Info Menu

The crash, if played improperly will break within months, though if you aren't a hard hitter then the hi-hats will be fine, I've never once had a problem with the ride other than it sounds..well cheap compared to $700 rides lol.

On another note, Aussie? If so glad to see another one of 'em here.

User Info Menu

if ur gonna spend that much get the zbt or b8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    The crash, if played improperly will break within months, though if you aren't a hard hitter then the hi-hats will be fine, I've never once had a problem with the ride other than it sounds..well cheap compared to $700 rides lol.

On another note, Aussie? If so glad to see another one of 'em here.
    700 bucks for a ride? tell me thats not u.s. dollars. pesonally i hate the planet z cymbals. for the money the wuhan s series pack sounds much better IMO.

User Info Menu

I think that 260 for the z's is in AU Funky and the wuhan s series is not offered in cymbal pack form. Your best buy at the lower budget would be the ZBT rock pack with free 10 inch splash for 499 AU. Billy Hyde does not have this offer though, you will need to check Drummers Paradise out in Richmond.

You really are better off saving that extra two hundred and going for something like the ZBT

http://www.drummersparadise.com.au/i...653023781-2231

Or check out the Sabian B8 Perf pack for 400 at DrumPower. Dont get caught up in the Billy Hyde madness, there are other stores around that have great deals. These Sabians are from DrumPower in Bayswater.

http://www.drumpower.com.au/store/home.php?cat=15
    Last edited by livewire80; 01-01-2008 at 04:05 PM.
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

o didn't realize it was in au

User Info Menu

I got some ZBT pros on ebay for AU$300 (about 1/2 price) that had been used once to make an instructional DVD. I got the DVD too, with my cymbals in it.

So, if you aren't in a rush and you know what you want it's worth waiting for something good like that to come up.

User Info Menu

go on ebay like holycow77

planet z is the lower zildjian cymbal i would take my time to get better cymbal for the same price

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

yea, dont spend 260$ on planet Z when you can get them off eBay for 100$

There not very good cymbals, and you probably have a local music shop that likes to sell things at the suggested retail value, which is insanly overpriced

But if your starting, and you need some cymbals, planet Z isnt to terrible for begginers, thats as far as they should go though, begginers

User Info Menu

I just bought a used set off ebay and the guy threw in a planet Z pack. I knew they were the entry level Zildjian cymbals going in, but as a born-again newbie drummer that was fine for now. The hats sound fine to me and the ride isn't bad, but I'm really not diggin the way the crash sounds. It bugs me everytime i strike it. very ringy. I may just need to try dampening it or something.

Ernie S.

User Info Menu

I've said it before and i'll say it again, you can make a less expensive drum set sound okay, but no matter what you do you cannot make a bad sounding cymbal sound good. So be careful, there is no use spendong close to $300 on cymbals that sound bad. My advice is start with High Hats and spend your money there and then buy a ride or crash and buy top of the line cymbals that you will be happy with. Cymbals will last a life time if treated properly. Drums come and go!