Thread: invisible children

User Info Menu

Unhappy invisible children

http://www.invisiblechildren.com

http://www.myspace.com/invisiblechildren

hey ladies and gentlemen,
    my youth pastor played a video for my youth group last night called invisible children. the movie is a documentry of child abduction and an ongoing war in Uganda Africa.
    this blog they posted on their myspace tells a little of what the movie is about.
    "We know youre all excited about the news coming out of Uganda right now, and so are we. However, there are many terms and conditions that go into ending a war. Right now the Ugandan government and the LRA have agreed to a ceasefire and a temporary truce has been signed. This does not mean that they have signed a peace treaty. It does mean were hopeful that in the coming weeks the peace process will come to an end and the war will be over.

This war has now lasted for 20 years and has affected millions of lives. It will take time to rehabilitate the people and their region once this war ends. We will continue to support children in our Education Program and our employees of the Bracelet Campaign.

This is an exciting time for Northern Uganda and for us here at Invisible Children. There have been peace talks between the Ugandan government and the LRA in the past, but none have ever made it to this point. We are encouraged by what has gone on thus far and are optimistic for the near future.

Please continue to support the people of Northern Uganda. They still need our help.

We will do our best to keep you updated as new information becomes available so keep checking back. The invisible children of Northern Uganda appreciate your support and were looking forward to the future.

For more information go to http://www.ugandacan.org."

and i was more then deeply moved by this video. it brings tears to my eyes even now to think about these children and what they are going through. and it has been brought upon me by My Savior Jesus Christ to share this with you. and i pray that you will be moved by it also.

thank you for reading
    *happy thoughts*

User Info Menu

that was a pretty touching film i dont think any clean souled human should be living like that, once i get a job im donating alot of money to things like that
    Eskimos

User Info Menu

that's terrible!! Y do humans treat eachother like that?

User Info Menu

i just want to go and give those kids a hug

User Info Menu

I've donated to funds like this. Mostly clothing, food, and other valuables. Try not to donate money unless you're sure they use it for clothes and stuff. You never know when they might spend it on guns.

User Info Menu

true story. has anybody every heard of operation christmas child..with the shoe boxes?