Thread: A Video...Of A Friend

User Info Menu

Default A Video...Of A Friend

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WwNGJbb1QoI

It's a friend, he's been drumming for just over a year, I believe it's a Sonor kit. He's one of the guys I borrow cymbals from (:P) when I've got an important(ish) gig coming up. Well used to, he moved to the US and started a band there.

Don't ask me how he's got enough money to buy A customs and K's even though he's been playing a year. I'm also confused by it.

User Info Menu

He's awesome. Cool cymbals and drumkit too. his ride is so shiny lol
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Lol.

User Info Menu

Wow he is good for only a yr of playing, and hey I recognize that ride lol, same one I have.

User Info Menu

very nice job from him

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pdplayer View Post
    Wow he is good for only a yr of playing, and hey I recognize that ride lol, same one I have.
    I won't lie I was playing for three years before I could even begin to play like that. He is pretty good at playing drums for the amount of time he's put into it.

I tell you it's his teacher...well his first one. :D (<--Me!) Even though I only taught him some basic stuff before he moved, he can also play guitar.

User Info Menu

The dude's got some serious God-given talent! You don't become that good in that short a period of time without having a heaping of talent. I'm sure he worked hard at it too, because the talent has to be honed.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

After watching the video twice, I've come to the conclusion... There is no freakin way this guy's only been playing for a year!
    Props to him anyway, it sounded awesome.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Thats some super nice gear for a year in drums and hes a hella good player for his time too.
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit

User Info Menu

Cool A Video ... of A Friend

Roger--

I would almost agree with 32nd--few drummers are that good after just one year--

EXCEPT that it sounds like he's a very disciplined, very focused drummer. Not mechanical--sounds like he's got great basic talent and he enhanced it with mucho practice time (and good teachers)...and it shows in his playing!

Sounds like he's gonna go even further than just to the U.S.!

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

I don't know who his current teacher is, but I think his current teacher is known around the drum circuit...though I have no idea who he is lol.

User Info Menu

That really is awesome. Did he do any stick work before a year ago? His accenting and dynamics for one year is amazing. If he has not done any sticking work on a pad or something prior to playing the drums a year ago....man good on this guy. How long would it take the average person playing the drums to get this good? In my opinion over 5 years

EDIT: Actually, with alot of hard work, prolly 3-4 years
    Last edited by livewire80; 01-02-2008 at 05:43 PM.
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate